Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirino P.O.V:

We're jumping restlessly over the trees when nights about to fall.

" We're camping here " Gaara said.

" Kankuro set up the tents, Temari go gather some firewoods.

Temari P.O.V:

*flash back*

Shikamaru: One of us is not going to bring his/her sleeping bag. Then Hinata go and borrow one from Kirino, I'm sure she'll lend it to you. And they'll end up sleeping together or freeze to death.

*flash back end*

' this is getting interesting...' I thought as I jumped from trees to trees. ' he has smart brain.... '

" Alright!!! " I said " let's get going " ( evil grin )

Hinata P.O.V:

I walked back to Kiri-chan's tent which is with Lord Kazekage, Temari and I are in one and Shikamaru and Kakuro is in one. I knocked on the tent and it flapped opened.

" K-Kiri-chan..." I said. And she poked her head out. " C-can...I-I...borrow your s-sleeping b-bag? I forgot m-mine.... " while fiddling with my fingers.

" ok! " she said without even hesitating. She gave the bag to me and I hurried back toward my tent where everyone gathered. " Good job! Hinata! " said Temari.

Kirino P.O.V:

*night fell*

" u-uh...o-oh....." I mumbled as Gaara wriggled into his sleeping bag.

" what is it? " he asked.

" (^^* ) " I smiled. " Hinata...b-borrowed m-my s-sleeping bag... " I turned bright red.

" we can share... " he suggested. " there's plenty of room... "

My face was steaming hot. ' how come he said it like its no big deal? ' I thought. " no thanks! " I stammered " I can keep watch outside, and I'm not sleepy anyway. " I started backing backing away. Suddenly sand started to make it way around my waist and dragged me toward Gaara, it pulled me into the sleeping bag. My eyes widened at the sudden warm. My face is steaming hot and bright red.

" sleep! " he ordered wrapping his muscular arms around me. My bottom lip quivered and my body tensed. ' I'm dying here!!! ' I screamed inside my head.

Gaara P.O.V:

I carefully wrapped my arms around her fragile body, scared I might break her. I can feel her body tensed and I smiled. I didn't let her go cause she'll freeze to death outside. Her body is warm and comfortable, I snuggled against her and put my chin on her head.

...

...

3rd person P.O.V:

" this is working!!! " squealed Temari.

" right! " agreed everyone 0.

" let's give them some privacy " Hinata said sleepily. *yawn* " I'm going to sleep guys, Goodnight! "

And everyone went to sleep with grins on their faces.

Kirino P.O.V:

I didn't know what to do. His grasp was so firm and tight. I can feeling his warm radiating from him. My face was red and my heart was pounding in my chest, my mind went blank. After a few minutes, I calmed down. I suddenly feel....safe! Lying in his arm make me feel safe and calm. His warmth was so comforting I didn't want to ever leave his side. Then the memory of the conversation I had with Matsuri at the hospital flashed back and sadness crept onto me.

' Yeh...Kirino you shouldn't be so intimate with him you don't deserve him. In fact he doesn't even like you. He likes Matsuri. Didn't you tell Matsuri that you'd stop loving him? ' I thought. And I scowled myself. Then, I realized that it's right, after a few considerations, I pushed his arms gently off me and noticed that he was asleep.

I looked at his face, it was so peaceful.....so attractive...' NO! ' I snapped out of my trance. I can't love him, he wasn't meant for me....

I slowly went out of the tent and sat on a tree. The moonlight was bright so the woods was brightly lit and visible. My eyes were staring into the wilderness but my mind was wandering.

The quietness of the wilderness made it so relaxing.... Then just right at the exact moment, I've made up my mind. I have to destroy my feelings for him. I can't dwell on having a one-sided crush forever. That night, I fell asleep on the tree.

Gaara P.O.V:

I woke up slowly, I noticed that Kirino want in my arms anymore. I peered outside, it was still midnight. ' where did she go? ' I thought worriedly.

I got out of the tent and checked Temari's and Kakuro's, Kirino wasn't in there either. I started to panic. ' Wait! Why was I panicking? I, the Kazekage, had never panic over something like this. So where is this phobia coming from? ' I scowled myself mentally.

I walked into the woods thinking that maybe Kirino couldn't sleep so she was just going out for a walk. When I walked deeper into the wilderness, I saw a thin figure on a tree branch. I walked closer to see who it was, also preparing for an attack. Then, I noticed the long red hair and sweet calm face. It was Kirino. She was asleep on the branch.

I sighed and jumped up to where she was, ' is she really that scared of me that she has to come out and sleep in the wild like this? ' I asked myself. I looked at her again and bent down to carry her bridal-style to go back to the camp.

When I got there, I laid her down gently so I won't wake her up and went outside to keep watch. I didn't like sleeping anyway, I was used to it since I was once the Jinchuriki of the one tail, Shukaku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~