Chapter 1

I feel as if someone took a part of. I sit and stare out the window watching the happy people. Opposite of me. Ever since Cody died, everything in my world changed. I hated it. After about a month people usually get over someone or learn to cope. Not me. I needed him. He was my boy. I rejected him.I needed his presence. I look at the clock. 6:00 am. It was time for school. I sat in my pajamas. I just sat up feeling stiff. I stayed in that chair from 10:00. I woke up screaming again, for Cody to not get the surgery. I grabbed a pair of black sweats and pulled a random shirt on, and my sneakers. I didn't bother these days. I pull my hair into a bun and grabbed my bag. I walk to school then I hear the voices and giggles of everyone. I walk to my locker and open it.

"Still not over Cody?" I look over and see Drake.

"No."

"Really? not even a little bit?" he asks and I shake my head. he looks mad.

"You shouldn't love the dead."

"I shouldn't have loved the blind either but I did." I say and he just rolls his eyes.

"Whatever." he says and walks away. What was his problem?? I sigh and wonder to class. The day went by so fast. I walk home and then drop my bag off and walk to the cemetery with a new rose. I take off the dead one and add the new one. I stare at the name in the stone. I walk away and then I saw a flash of something, it disappeared in a second.

"Hello?" I say and then the usual warm weather chills. I was frightened yes, but who knows. It could be someone playing a prank...or I could be in some serious trouble.

"Oh my gosh Sam...what are you doing here?" I spin and see a figure under a tree. The voice. It couldn't be. No it was impossible...

"Visiting a dead boy." I say to the figure. I don't even know if it was someone or just me going crazy.

"Why?"

"Because...thats what you do when you're in love." I say and he chuckles.

"You're so beautiful." the voice says. I feel tears swelling in my eyes.

"Please...please don't mess with my head." I plea but he comes closer.

"It's okay Sam. And long time no see."

"Cody?"