Chapter 5

Thank you again to all those who went back and voted!!!! :)

            She’s cute, she’s adorable and she’s a pain in the ass. That pretty much wraps Ashlyn up in one sentence. Within three nights she’s managed to put the whole castle in chaos by revealing who she was. She proved the impossible by sneaking out of a cage and past all the guards and wolves. She hid from King Ethan. Got into a fight with Kenny and just about got away with snooping around confidential information. What’s disturbing is she doesn’t know she’s doing wrong. She’s too damn sneaky and smart for her own good. However, she does have the dumb and innocent act down extremely well. When it comes to protecting her, she’s got me wrapped around her little finger.

            I watched her the rest of the night after we got back from King Ethan’s room fluttering around cleaning. I never realized my room was dirty, but if there was speck of dust anywhere, it’s gone. If there was a streak on a mirror, that, too, is gone. To say the least, I got barely any work done while watching her, fascinated by her nit picking of everything. I glanced over to my spotless alarm clock, seeing it was just past five in the morning. The only dust left in the room was in the air. I didn’t care to wait to see how she was going to clean that when she was done picking the white lint off my white carpeting.

            “Can you sleep next to me or do want the couch?” I was not giving up my bed.

            “Are you going to bit me?” she asked casually while picking another piece of lint.

            “No, I’m going to sleep, and so are you,” I answered looking at her like she was crazy.

            “Okay,” she said, flying to the bed.

            “Pajamas?” I asked.

            “Oh, yeah. I didn‘t think of that.” She switched directions to the door.

            “Where are you going?”

            “Pajamas,” she said, cheerfully

            “You can have one of my shirts. You’re not leaving the room. Its morning,” I said, locking the door with the remote and walking into my closet.

            “Then I’ll sleep in my clothes,” she said, determined.

            “Then you’re sleeping on the couch,” I said holding a shirt.

            “Fine,” she said stubbornly, and went to the couch.

            I laid the shirt on the back of the couch and went to my bed stripping down to my boxers. She looked at me offended. “It’s my room. I’ll sleep how I want.” I defended myself climbing into to bed. She huffed and lay down. About fifteen minutes later she grabbed the shirt and stormed off to the bathroom. It took all I had not to laugh. I watched the bathroom door for a while wondering what she was doing in there.

            She finally came out around six in the morning in my shirt and her pants. “No pants.” I corrected her as she approached the bed. She looked at me with begging eyes that I almost gave in to. “No pants,” I said, standing my ground. As she slowly pulled her pants down, I felt myself getting excited, I quickly switched my thoughts to Kenny and that did the trick. It did the trick a little too much, I started feeling jealous and annoyed. I understood the annoyed part, but not the jealousy.

            I lifted the covers for her to climb in and when her wings tickled my stomach all those feelings disappeared. She rolled onto her stomach and I ran my hand down her wings continuously until she flipped over facing me. She unconsciously moved forward until her face was nuzzled in my chest. I examined her for a moment to see how she was breathing. Her chest moved.