13 ⊳ HEART

ICE HEART
xiii. heart
❝I DON'T WANNA GO ANYWHERE YET!❞

Currently, the group were attempting to explain what the Soul Society is to the little boy that they had found earlier and Ayame was getting more and more irritated by the second as the boy was just being cocky and rude

"I don't understand all this crazy talk about konsōs and the Soul Society. All I know is that you old guys are weird." The boy groaned as he put his hands behind his head.

"We're not old. I wouldn't even go as far as calling us middle-aged." Yumichika replied defensively.

"What he means is to a little kid, we look old. Don't take things so literally." Ikkaku told him with a sigh.

"No, he definitely meant it! There's something nasty about the way he says the word 'old!'" Yumichika yelled angrily as he gained an irk mark on his head.

"Oh brother. Hey, listen kid-" Ikkaku began.

"Shut up! Your head is blinding me chrome dome." The boy interrupted making Ikkaku shake with rage. Ayame knew that this was all going to blow up soon, and frankly she didn't want to be there to witness it.

"Chrome done..." Ikkaku repeated, his tone dangerously low. The blonde-haired female began to fear for the poor soul as Ikkaku's face began to turn into a face of murder - a face that would appear in your worst nightmares.

"Put a wig on or something." The boy suggested, not the slightest bit faced at Ikkaku's murderous face.

Before Ayame could even stop him, Ikkaku pulled the little boy into a tight head lock despite the poor boy's constant screams and yelps while Ikkaku continued to viciously yell at him.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO HARM YOU YET!"

"Hey, that's enough!" Rangiku called out, pulling them away from each other. "Alright, look, we got a bunch of things we need to ask you about and we need more of your smart ass answers, ya' got it?"

"After you've answered all of our questions we'll be taking you to a place called the Soul Society." Ayame told the boy.

"Yeah right. Well I'm not going." He spoke up, crossing his arms and looking the other way like he was in charge.

"Don't be afraid. It's not a scary place, I promise." The blonde-haired Captain replied with a trusting smile on her face, even though she had to force it.

"I don't care. I'm still not going!" The boy refused.

"Too bad 'cause those are the rules." Rangiku informed him as she grew more agitated with the whining boy.

"If I said I'm not going then I'm not going!" The boy yelled. "Besides, there's still something I need to do."

"Let's change the subject. When that arrancar first showed up here, did you hear a strange whistling sound?" Toshiro questioned him.