Steggy; Ice and Regrets

Steve's Point Of View (POV)!

"Steve... There has been a huge loss of men lately." Peggy confronts me sending chills up my spine.

She looks at me with sorrow and guilt.

"Then we'll fight tomorrow in their honor." Is the only thing I can say that would be somewhat positive.

She nods and walks closer, peering over my shoulder.

Pen in my hand, I draw a straight line to a section on the map and circle it a couple times.

"Is that where we're headed?" She whispers in my ear and I've forgotten she was there.

I spin around and we're face to face, "Yes." I swallow hard and she smiles slightly, looking down for less than a second then meeting my gaze.

My eyes trace over her beautiful and perfect face.

"We'll get them, Steve. We'll win." She says determined with another grin.

"We'll save this God forsaken world." She turns and marches off.

I exhale and return to the map.

A hand touches my arm very gently, "Steve? Aren't you coming to the tavern?" Peggy returns to my side, worried eyes boring into my soul, my heart.

"I-I was just finishing up... With... With-"

"The map?" She smiles at my loss for words.

"Alright... I will be seated near the Juke..." She says with a shy grin.

The next day

Today is the day of the supposed last battle.

Hopefully, and hopefully not.

"Shall we?" Peggy approaches dressed in brown leather, a rifle strapped safely to her back and a pistol cradled in her hands.

I just smile and nod.

Later

I made a choice.

A choice that in my heart felt right,

I plummet at 500 an hour and gaining quickly in an HYDRA ship.

"Hello?" I speak into the radio, hoping for anyone to answer, just to talk to someone for the last time.

"Steve!" Is an immediate reply from my best gal, Peggy.

I sigh, thank you God, for having her wait for me there.

"Peggy." I breathe out.

"Oh Steve! You're alright!" She says happily.

"I don't know how to control this thing, I have to... I have to put her in the water." I say and tears spring up into my eyes, will this actually be my death date?

"No, I can put Howard on the line, he'll know what to do-"

"Peggy," I interrupt her worried rambling.

"This is my choice." I say, staring at the water approaching me quickly.

"Steve..." She says sadness cascading into her voice.

"Y'know..... I still don't know how to dance." I say switching the subject manner.

She giggles slightly and I smile at that, "I can show you."

"It's a date then." I smile bigger.

"Friday night at the Stork Club. 8 o clock on the dot.... And don't you dare be late." She says choking up at the end.

"I'd I hate step on your feet." I say, a few tears falling down my face.

There's no reply

"Peggy?" I cry out, and just before I hit the water I pull it up regretting my choice and crash harshly.

Hours later...

I jolt awake and cough, "Peggy!" I shout into the darkness.

I wipe my face off and shiver.

"Peggy..." I whisper to myself knowing I'm all alone.

"Oh, Peg, I'm so sorry... You're right... You were always right... You should have called Howard...." I cry hard into my hands and crouch down.

"I should never have left... Shouldn't have joined this stupid army..."

I rock back and forth, shivering and my teeth clattering.

"I am so sorry, Peggy..." I repeat, and grab my shield, lay it over my chest, close my eyes, and dream of her and I together... Dancing.

Hey!

So yes, I've decided to make yet another Imagines book!

Cover credits go to my cousin Shawn, sorry it doesn't fit.

She doesn't fit through a door so I guess she likes to incorporate herself into her art.

That was a joke, Shawna, please don't kill me...

Anyways, thanks.

Hope you all enjoyed this little slice!