4

(y/n) - your name

"Holy! How did you get this?" You ask, your jaw went to the floor.

The room was a game room, video games were scattered all throughout. There also was a pool and air hockey table. A huge TV displayed itself on the wall.

"When you have as many fan-girls as us, you get a lot of free stuff." Kai shrugs. "Well that, and we saved up for a few things."

Out of no where, you turn around and hug the crap out of Kai. "It's amazing! Can I actually play a game in here?"

"If you want to lose," Kai challenges you.

"Whatever you say hotstuff," you say elbowing him in the gut.

After a lot of rounds, you had given up. Kai won almost all of them, although you did win once. But that was because Kai's character had 'accidentally' fallen. In other words, he let you win.

"So how does it feel like to lose?" He says, bragging right in front of your face.

"I don't know, why don't you ask yourself that?" You smirk.

Kai's face softens once he meets your eyes, but then looks immediately away. Was it something you said?

"So," he coughs nervously. "I wanted to, uh, ask you something."

"What?" You question. You hate not knowing things, and with his nervous body language and stuttering his words. Somethings not right.

"Well, ugh, this is harder than I thought it would be." He groans.

You're inching to know what he's going to say. If he doesn't say it soon, you may as well explode.

"Just say it already."

"Well (y/n), I really--"

"Hey lovebirds! How's it goin?" Jay chirps, entering the game room.

Kai grunts, obviously frustrated. He shoots daggers at Jay as he takes a seat next to him.

"Jay for gods sake," Kai snaps.

"Wait, did I interrupt something important? Whoops!" He shuffles out of the room and after a minute, it's just you two.

You giggle, even though Kai had something really important to tell you. He's super cute when he's being a hot-head.

"So what was it you were going to say?" You ask, directing your attention back towards Kai.

"Well.. It's not that important. Would you want to hang out tomorrow?" His eyes dart from you and look towards the ground.

He's lying.

"Uh, yeah. Probably," you sigh. You thought Kai was about to say something important, really important.

Maybe he just changed his mind and didn't want to say it anymore..

"Why are you sad?" He asks, moving over slightly.

"I'm not," you try not to frown, but it fails.

"I know when you're lying (y/n)," he has a look of worry.

Yeah well Kai, I know when you're lying too..

sorry for the somewhat short chapter! I really wanted to have a 4th of July update! so happy 4th of July squishies! have fun and be safe ❤️

FOLLOW
...
COMMENT
...
VOTE