Chapter Eight: The Wedding

The wedding was planned within a fortnight,  all according to the ideas I had.  Before I knew it maids were helping me into my wedding dress of the prettiest white and lacing the crimson and silver shaul over my shoulders.  My heart is beating so fast that I feel like it may just cease to beat entirely. 

I zone out completely as the maids style my hair, tying the top half up and letting the rest fall in silken ringlets to my waist.  My mind is focused only on Thranduil and his beautiful eyes as they set my veil in place and tie a crimson and silver sash around my waist.
"My lady,  it is time." an older maid speaks softly,  clearly knowing how my mind must be reeling.
I walk down the aisle,  seeing everyone's smiles,  my nerves one edge completely.  There is no smile in the room that makes me happier than Thranduil's,  everyone thinks him to be some stern stoic Elven King but here he is,  smiling as brightly as the sun above us. And he is smiling as such for me.  I am not even half the way down  the aisle and a few stray tears are falling down my cheeks. He looks so beautiful,  dressed in a tunic and cape that match what I am wearing, his crown sitting atop his gorgeous hair. 

The vows are said,  everything seeming to fade away,  everything but Thranduil as he pledges his undying love with a kiss that makes my knees weak

After the ceremony I make a point to find my son in law, Legolas.  He smiles as I approach him.
"Hello,  mother.  You look splendid." He beams.
"Thank you so much, Legolas.  Are you enjoying yourself?" I ask,  feeling nervous.
"Yes,  I thought that today would be,  well,  not half as lovely as it has been. May confide in you?" He asks, fiddling with his hands.
"Yes,  of course."
"To begin with,  I was both jealous and upset.  I did carry a small flame for you and I was worried that you would try to replace my late mother. But now, see you are here only to make us happy." He says,  looking into my eyes.
"I am so pleased to hear that. I was so worried you'd hate me forever." I say,  relaxing my stance a little. "And I do just want to make you both happy" I saw before wrapping my arms around Legolas,  a gesture he instantly reciprocates.