Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

Two years later, she was still in the Coma. Aimi and I had broken it off after I explained about Alaya- again- she understood. Aimi had moved back to Japan to be with her mother, Cassie had gone off to college. She was a major in history, I'd bought a house in Hawaii, so I could be closer to Nathan and Alaya. Her scars were all but gone now, but I had started visiting less and less. I was almost 50 now, 49- actually. I was at the supermarket one day, buying something to make for dinner when my phone buzzed with a call. It was from the doctors at the hospital.

"Shes awake."

I swear to god I drove 90 on the freeway all the way to the hospital. I ran up to her room, at full speed. I burst through the door, she was sitting up. Staring into the hawaiian sky, her green eyes turned to me. She was healed, back to her perfect self- her hair was a little greasy- and she needed a shower... but, she was okay. I ran towards her, wrapping my arms around her and holding her to me. "Sam." She whispered, her voice cracking. "Im here." I said, tears running down my face. She wrapped her arms around me. Pulling herself close to me. Her head resting under my chin. "Where am I. The last thing I remember was being dragged down underwater by Rafe." she said to me. "Alot has happened, that you won't remember." I said, touching her head with my hand. "I'm just glad your alright."

I kissed her softly, she was so warm- soft. Everything I remembered and craved for so long. "I'll always love you." I said.

She stared at me. "I'll always love you to."

-------

Four years passed, We'd gotten married last year. Alaya and I had bought a big house in Hawaii that looked out over the ocean. She'd sold her manor in france. We were laying in bed, a sunday morning. Our hair was graying, our faces aging- but we were happy now. I touched her shoulder from my side of the bed, I still had nightmares about loosing her sometimes- but I knew she would never leave me again. Alaya rolled up to look at me. She smiled. "Morning dork." I smiled at her. "Do you ever stop." she kissed my cheek and rolled out of the soft bed. "Nope."

Alaya wandered out of the room and I followed, walking down the steps of our fancy house. We had collected a few things from our times together, and she had gone to town decorating the place. Aly- I had nicknamed her- made me a bowl of cereal. We cuddled up on the couch, watching the TV. Our life was happy, good. we had two cats and a dog. We had talked about adopting, we were going to talk to the orphanage today. We knew we were to old to try to have children ourselves, but adopting seemed like a valid option. Their were probably children like myself and Nathan who needed a good home. We both got dressed and got into the car. We had swapped her fancy car for a more family friendly one. We headed over to the orphanage at 1pm. It was a church, like the one I had been in as a child. More modern, but the same idea. A headmistress greeted us, leading us to the childrens room.

When we walked in, one of the nuns was scolding a little girl. The little girl had long brown hair, gray eyes to match. She was about eight, holding a stuffed bear in her other hand. "Give that back Elizabeth." the nun growled at the girl. She glared back, stretching her arm out to the little boy next to her. He had blonde hair and the same gray eyes, siblings. The little boy couldnt have been more then six. He took the bear and hugged it close. "We took that for a reason!" the nun snapped before the headmistress stomped her foot on the ground. "Madam Liseie" she snarled to the nun who had snapped her head up from the children in surprise. The little girl ripped herself away from the nun and moved close to her brother. Wrapping her arms protectively around him. Glaring at us. I turned to Alaya, she nodded. She knew what I was thinking, that was how Nathan and I had been treated in the orphanage. They were just like us. We talked in hushed whispers to the headmistress. She glanced at the two, surprised by our request. Obviously they were passed up alot. We filled out paperwork, then returned to the children. "Elizebeth, you and Alistair will be going with Ms and Mr Drake." The headmistress said to the children. The brown haired girl stared at us, confused for a moment. I noticed little freckles across her nose as she approached us carefully. "Your our new mom and dad?" she asked. The little boy clutching her tattered skirt. Alaya bent down to be eye-level with the two. "Yes, we are." she said. Holding out her hand to the child. The girl didnt take it, instead she jumped into her arms and hugged her. The little boy ran towards me, wrapping his arms around my leg. "Hay little dude." I chuckled, ruffling his head. "Lets go to our new home, eh?" I scooped up Alistair and Alaya took Elizabeth.

We returned them home, Alaya and I had prepared a bedroom when we had first gotten the house- we knew we would eventually want children, but it had taken us a long time to finally decide. The two were overjoyed about their new house, they ran around- looking at everything. The dog, Buddy- bounced to them. Licking their faces in greeting. "Elizabeth and Alistair Drake." she said to me, watching the children bounce around in excitement. "Perfect."