Chapter 3 - Mr. Adult

When we got back to Franks house we sat on the couch. We sat close to each other. Our thighs were touching and our elbows. I felt extremely uncomfortable but Frank didn't seem to mind.

Frank crossed his legs, making us touch even more. I scooted a little bit to the left allowing a small gap in-between us.

"Wanna listen to some music?" Frank asked. Oh thank god, the silence was killing me. I knew I wanted to open up more to Frank but I was afraid I would tell him everything. All of my secrets. He was close to finding out one of them.

"Sure, like what?" I asked. Frank got up to go look at some records.

"Well I have Marcy Playground." "Like them?" Frank asked, flipping through some records.

"Yeah they're cool." I smiled, all of these emotions were overwhelming. I had a friend, but I was falling for him. I just can't do it. Frank turned on the music then came back to sit by me, I had to be super careful not to spill my secrets to Frank. If Frank ever found out I liked him he would hate me. I'm stuck here until school would get out.

"Want something to eat?" Frank asked getting up from the couch heading to the kitchen. I nodded, maybe getting something in my stomach would calm my nerves a bit.

"Want a soda?" Frank asked pulling two sodas out of the white fridge. Frank's refrigerator was covered in different magnets and pictures. One picture particularly stood out to me. It we Frank's baby picture. He was adorable his chubby little cheeks looked so cute. Frank tossed me a soda from the kitchen. I wasn't expecting it and my reflexes weren't that fast. The can hit the couch and bounced up. I was able to catch it after it bounced off the couch cushion.

"Nice one" Frank laughed. I shrugged.

"That was nothing." I laughed with Frank. I opened the soda can forgetting that it was shaken up. The soda spurted from the can and all over my purple sweater.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath. Frank ran to the kitchen and got a few towels. He pressed the towels against my chest.

"I'm sorry." I said, I really was I didn't mean to spill soda everywhere I should have been more smart. Way to ruin a good moment Gerard. My shirt was needing a wash. There wasn't any way we were getting it out with just towels.

"I can go get you a t-shirt and throw your shirt in the washer." Frank suggested. After all this was my favorite sweater.

"Sure." Frank went upstairs to his room to get me a shirt. I removed my stained sweater and faced the window so Frank couldn't see my bare body. I was already uncomfortable around him. I held my sweater in my arms until Frank came.

"Trade?" Frank asked handing a black shirt out to me. I took the shirt and gave him my sweater. I put on the shirt when Frank went to do my laundry. I crossed my arms so he couldn't see the burn scars on my arms. He couldn't know that secret either.

I sat back down on the couch until Frank came. My arms remained crossed. My hiding skills weren't that great. Frank sat down next to me. "What's that" he said pointing to my arm.

"Oh it's nothing." I lied. "Doesn't matter." I shrugged.

"Sure it does Gerard." Frank grabbed my arms but I pulled them back. I ran into the other room. Trying to catch my breath I started crying. I hate being such a sensitive person. Hot tears ran down my face.

Frank came after me.

"Gerard, do you need to talk?" he knocked on the door. I opened the door slowly. Frank opened up his arms for a hug. I accepted the offer and gave him a hug. Our hug lasted for a long 20 seconds. I pulled away.