A Fighter Amongst the Sea of Twats 3/18/2014

New Territory

Chapter 4: A Fighter Amongst The Sea of Twats 3/18/2014

The almost vacant house was deathly quiet, it’s darkness threatening to lull me back to sleep.

But alas, that wasn’t going to happen. There was a long day ahead of me; taking a hot shower first, work out, take an ice bath, go jogging, then another bath. All for tonight.

If you haven’t figured it out already, the girl that is suppose to be fighting this evening is me. Now you’re probably wondering, why lie to the guys about who you think the girl is? The answer is simple: nobody will know that my profession here in the U.S is underground fighting.

The less knowledge there is about me, the better. If anybody were to find out about my past, well, let’s just say there will have to be another move to somewhere else, a new identity would have to be created. So with these thoughts mulling around in my mind, I drag myself up from the bed and do my planned routine for the day.

I wouldn’t know what I would do if I were to run into another gang around here, it would be too dangerous to stay. The shower did nothing to ease my thoughts, like it usually did. Most of the time when the hot water is running down my back, the things jumping around in my mind just disappear, vanish without a trace. But today, as I thought about the quickest way to escape from the house in case they come, it didn’t work.

What did help was the punching bag. With every punch and kick, each of my worries escaped into the air. Stupid bloody things.

After my scheduled day was over with, I sat back and relaxed, enjoying the last hour and a half before my debut fight. When first situating myself in this place, I had quickly looked around for a place to fight, not only to keep up my skills in case of an ambush, but to earn more money.

You can never be too sure.

I sighed and closed my eyes, deciding to take a nap.

“Faster, Serename!”

"Shut the fuck up, you twat!" I yelled towards my brother. I was trying to concentrate on the punching bag in front of me. The next fight was Friday and I wanted to be in tip-top shape. Of course it's kind of hard to do when you have an annoying bee in your ear.

"I'll shut up when you go faster! You can't loose this fight, Serename! Everything is on the line here and we can't afford to loose."

"We aren't going to loose, bro. I'm too good." I smirked, allowing myself to get a little cocky.

"Just win, Namie."

Ring!

I shot up out of bed, completely scared of the sudden noise. I sigh and look around my room, trying to wake up.

Directly in front of me, my wall could be seen covered in posters, ranging from MCR to Oceans Ate Alaska. The wall to my right had pictures and lyrics of and from those bands, some inspirational, others just amazing.

My rectangular room was perfect because it was me.

I sigh again at the quietness of the house. usually you could hear my brothers running around and yelling profanities towards each other.

I hopped off my bed; it was fighting time.

After my gym bag was packed with my clothes and Poweraid, I quickly drove down the rapidly darkening streets to the Devil's Palace

Cheers could be heard from inside the empty warehouse, feeble but there, and then gradually get louder as you reach a hatch in the floor.

I opened it and descended into the abyss of darkness and chanting.