An absurd meeting

I couldn't go back to sleep yesterday so I got my novel and read through out the night. I know mum will say it was a waste of time if she found out I was doing that when I couldn't sleep.
   After dressing up in my long button up top and leggings, I tied my scarf in a nice braided manner and searched through my  closet for a matching shoe. I sighed loudly after finally getting maroon flats to go with my scarf.
  I hung my bag on my shoulder and hurried downstairs. Glancing at the clock in the dining room, it read 7:25am and my class was at 8:30am so I had to quickly make breakfast before going out.
I heard mum scolding Affan for something I'm guessing to be refusing to wear his sweater. They always have this argument nowadays.
    I quickly entered the kitchen, grabbed some veggies and began making a quick sandwich.
  "Noor sweetie" mum said entering the kitchen carrying a sleepy looking Affan.
"Good morning mum.. Salam" I said respectfully.
I packaged the sandwich and a box of orange juice for Affan and mum and handed it to her.
  "I'll just gulp down some of these my self and I'll be on my way soon insha Allah "I said to mum placing my sandwich on a plate.
  "Okay then. Don't be late and lock up the house. Salam" she replied grabbing her keys from the counter and heading out.
After I ate my breakfast,I grabbed my keys, locked the house and headed out to school.
As I turned the ignition on, the time read 8:02am and I had to make it to school on time. I quickly started the car and headed to Newcastle university.
   Upon entering the school, I met my friend Naada and we went to class together.
As usual, I took notes and the class was over as it was Monday and I had just one class. I packed up my bag and went near the east hall to meet up with Naada as she had left the class earlier to attend to some business of her own.
"How's Newcastle for you?" She asked after we started walking towards the parking lot.
"Alhamdulillah it's fine. I guess it's for the best Naada" I said looking at the grass on the ground.
"I guess so too because you look happy now" she said nudging me.
I smiled at her and pulled her out of the way as Mike's bike came to a halt in front of us.
Mike is an architectural student in his final year who has a reputation with girls. Seeing that he wanted our attention, I dragged Naada and we continued quickly down the path to the lot.
"Hey! Wait up please" he said dropping down from his bike and running to us.
"What do you want?" Naada spat venomously.
"Chill out! I just want to say hi. I've been seeing the both of you for sometime now" he said pointing at the both of us in explanation.
"Okay well nice to meet you too" Naada said and dragged me along.
"Hey! That's so rude " he said standing rooted to his spot. I guess he didn't expect this from us.
Since we enrolled into this school, everyone knows us as the quiet Muslim girls. We try to just be with our selves to avoid haram. But there are also Muslim girls here that associate with the others.
Naada made sure I got into my car, then we said our byes and she got into hers aswell.
Time for job hunting I remembered while pulling out from the lot.
I wanted to get a job that'll earn me a good sum of money to be able to assist mum in buying the groceries at least.
Remembering I saw a typist job vacancy on a board in front of a company named ZURICH ENTERPRISE, I decided to make my first stop there.
I rounded the corner and arrived at the big white and grey building standing proudly. I grabbed my bag and got out from my car noticing the board of "typist job vacancy" was still up.
Oh Allah may I get this job.
You have seen my clear intentions so please ya Allah help me
Entering the building, I headed straight to the front desk. A beautiful young looking blonde was sitting there dressed professionally in a suit and had a wide welcoming smile. I liked her already.
"Hello miss. Are you here for the vacancy application?" She asked still smiling.
"Yes please. Good day miss" I said returning her smile.
"Okay then. You just have to write up your name here and head up to the sixth floor" she said pointing to the elevator.
"Okay thank you." I said collecting the pen and filling in my name.
I headed to the elevator and pressed the six and it began its upward movement.
I reached the sixth floor and I met up with a lady sitting directly in front of the elevator so I walked up to her telling her what I came for.
"Okay miss. His assistant isn't around so you'll meet him up directly for the interview" she said writing me a note.
Him? It's a him?!
Oh well Noor. What did you expect? A she?.. You should have known better.
I shook my thoughts away as I knocked and entered the office she directed me to.
Bismillah.
Immediately I entered the office, I heard someone curse and throw something at me.
"Ouch" I said making my presence known.
He abruptly turned and my voice hitched. My head instantly stopped throbbing and I looked straight into his golden brown eyes. Masha Allah
He is the definition of beautiful.
Astagfirullah.
I remembered quickly tearing my gaze from his.
I walked closer to his table and handed him the paper.
Skeptically looking at me, he collected the paper and asked me to have a seat.
"So what's your name?"
"Urm.. Noor" I said quietly.
"That's all? I ask your name and you tell me Noor? In a job application?" He said angrily making me flinch.
"Oh I'm sorry. Noor Bannar " I said bowing my head in annoyance.
"Okay well, I don't have your time. Fill up this form and hand it over to my secretary out there"
I dint wait for him to add anything else before I grabbed the paper and quickly went out. What's up with him anyway.
Upon going outside, I was so angry I just wanted to leave the building but his secretary called on to me.
"Here's the paper your boss said I should fill up. I'm not interested any more" I said having a sense of finality in my voice as I dropped the paper and began walking away.
"No. Listen up my dear, the job is yours anyway" she said loudly.
That immediately got my attention as I desperately needed a job.
"See?" She said turning the back of the form for me to see. I saw an approved written behind the paper in a curved manner.
Alhamdulillah
Mr arrogant gave me the job.
"Oh thank you. Thank you so much, when can I start?" I asked happily.
"Well, if you fill up the form we'll know when it's convenient for you" she said smiling at my happiness.
I quickly filled up the form and thanked her before heading downstairs. The woman at the front desk saw my happy expression and she knew I had the job. I beamed happily at her as I got out of the building while doing my little happy dance.
This time luck is in my way! I thought happily as I got into the car and headed home to break the good news to my family over dinner.

This chapter is dedicated to Kori_VI and @r_meey for their beautiful and nice comments. Thanks a lot.

Don't forget to vote and like as this keeps me going.:-)