2. Angel

I stood in the kitchen, multitasking. I was cooking supper and tidying up. Daniel would be home any minute, and he liked dinner to be on the table and the house to be spotless.

I had just finished setting the table when I heard the door open and shut. I placed the platter on the table, before glancing to the table.

"Hello Angel." Daniel greeted, walking into the room.

"Hello Daniel."

He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. He glanced at the table.

"I see you finished dinner." He smiled. "Good. I'm hungry."

We sat down at the table. I waited for Daniel to get his food first, then began to put some on my own plate.

"Chicken." Daniel said thoughtfully. "Good choice."

"Thank you." I smiled. "I know you like it."

Daniel didn't say anything. He ate quietly. He moved his feet so his legs were entwined with mine.

"How was work?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"It was okay, but I would've much rather been here with you." He leaned over and grabbed my hand.

I shot him a small smile, but didn't respond. He pulled his hand away. We continued to eat. Daniel did most of the talking. I responded very little.

Whenever we were finished eating, I began to clear off the table and do the dishes. As I was washing the dishes, I felt Daniel's hands place on my hips. I continued to wash the dishes as if he wasn't there.

"Angel, come on, babe." Daniel whispered. He was pressed up against my body. I could feel him getting hard.

"But Daniel, I need to finish the dishes."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to my neck. He pulled back slightly. His breath tickled against my skin as he began to speak again.

"I suppose I can wait until you're done."

I finished doing the dishes. When I was done, I dried off my hands and tossed the towel aside. Daniel let go of me slightly, that way I could turn to face him. He placed his hands on my hips again.

"God, you are so beautiful." Daniel mumbled.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. "Thank you."

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back immediately. I put my hands up to his head and began to run them through his hair.

"Let's go upstairs, princess." Daniel said, pulling away slightly.

"Okay."

He pulled away. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to our room. He shut the door behind us, which wasn't necessarily considering we were the only two in the house. He gently pushed me against the wall.

"I love you so much, princess." He mumbled. He didn't lean in yet. He pushed a piece of my dark blonde hair out of my face and stared at me.

"I love you too." I responded. My voice was quiet, almost shy.

He chuckled. "After almost two years, and you are still so shy. Babe, Adrian knew we were right for each other."

I didn't say anything. I thought about Adrian for a moment. I haven't seen him in awhile.

"Are you thinking about him?" Daniel asked. He pressed his body tightly against me.

I nodded.