"If you think your overdressed, why didn't you wear something else?"

Devon shuddered. "Have you met my mother?"

Josh gave a low warm chuckle that sent shivers up Devon's spine. "Remind me to thank you mother for such a lovely view." He looked over at her with a grin, letting his gaze linger on her legs where her dress had ridden up when she had kicked off her shoes.

"We're going to have to have a talk this week, Josh." Devon whispered. "I can't take much more of your blow hot blow cold attitude."

"Yes, we will talk, Devon. I'm tired of it too." He nodded as Devon's gaze flew to his face which was giving nothing away.

She gave a low grumble of frustration, what did that mean? Was he ready for more or less where she was concerned? Bree was still floating around out there, what if she actually managed to get her clutches into him? She watched him smile at her grumble. She had no doubt that he knew what she was thinking, and what she wanted.

"You're a complete and utter-"

"No name calling!" Kellan called from the back seat. "Once it's out you can't take it back, and you two should save this talk for later when you don't have an audience."

"Doesn't he ever just piss you off to the point of wanting to hit him?" Devon turned to look at Kellan who was smiling.

"All the time," Kellan said closing his eyes and leaning his head back.

"Now, what were you really thinking about?" Josh asked.

Devon was way beyond frustrated with Josh, so she would give him something to think about. Maybe then he'd give her a few minutes peace. "I was thinking of Bree."

"What about Bree?" Josh's eyes narrowed as he looked at Devon.  He knew she was about to drop a bombshell.

"You're sure you want to know? It involves Kellan too." Kellan sat up at attention, his eyes glued to hers.

"Devon," Josh warned.

"I could let you both go in there cold. It would make the entertainment value of this weekend go way up, but then again there will be a lot of guns so someone might get hurt." She snuck a peek at Josh before she turned to look back at Kellan with a sweet smile.

"Devon!" they both yelled. The sound was overwhelming in the closed truck.

"Fine!" she yelled back, settling further into her seat. "What do you want to know?"

This time she smiled as Josh let out a cry of frustration. "You're the only person who..." he ended his thought there. What he was about to say was left a mystery to Devon. Was she the only person who could frustrate him, the only person that he would take this kind of teasing from, or the only person that he wouldn't hurt for being a smart-alec?

"Why will there be guns?" Kellan asked, getting to the potential threat first like any true warrior would.

"Hal and his father are major hunters. That's why they picked this estate, so that they could hunt in between the festivities."

"Now, explain Bree, what does she have planned?" Josh's voice was terse.

Devon paused for dramatic effect, as if gathering her thoughts or choosing her words carefully. She knew she was being a brat, but it was great stress relief and it was fulfilling her need for revenge at the frustration Josh had dealt her earlier.

She heard Josh take a deep breath and realized that she had reached the edge of his patience. "Bree want's to have sex with one or possibly both of you. Last time I spoke with her, you were her first choice with Kellan the runner up if you fell through."