0.4 || THERE THEIR AND THEY'RE

Okay so there's three types of there's

•There
•They're
•Their

So some people write

Everyone went to they're stereotypical party that was down the block.

Okay, everyone went to they are.

They are party.

JESUS FUCK THIS IS JUST LIKE LEARNING YOUR [YOURS] AND [YOU'RES]

Look in like third grade they teach you what's the difference between they're, their, and there is.

Alright so let's review the differences.

||they're||

When you use the word they're, it's a shorter term of they are. You only use they're when you're talking about where a character is as if it was a question.

Example:

"Where is Lydia and Stiles?"

"They're at school, making some stydia romance."

As you can see, the two people are used as they are or they're, not there or their.

||there||

When using the word there, you use it for both first and third person.

First person

As we all piled into Stiles' jeep, we rushed down to Scott's house.

Once we got there, Stiles unlocked the door and brought Lydia inside.

Third person

Lydia was unsure where Stiles was taking her, since it was their first date.

Once they got there, lights were strung across the trees as candle lit dinner was set across the preserve's floor.

From these two examples, the character(s) are going somewhere, or arriving somewhere.

||Their||

When using the word their, you're talking about someone without saying their name.

Example:

As Lydia arrived to their party, she wasn't sure if she wanted to go inside, she just wanted to go back to Stiles' house.

This example is when Lydia isn't sure about going to a party, and she wasn't completely sure who was throwing the party.

Alright, so I hope this helps the people who don't understand the difference between they're, their, and there.

-Isabella™