Chapter 2~ The Pool

A/N: By the way, this is an irl high school AU, I'd imagine they're freshmans. Saitama has hair, yes, and Genos is human. This here is what they look like^. Cuties!~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smiling. That's practically all Saitama has done since they arrived at the local pool. 

He was wearing plain yellow and red swimming trunks, his favorite pair. "Summer summer summerrr!" he exclaimed merrily, splashing his best friend Genos from inside the pool. Genos was sitting on the concrete edge, his feet hanging down into the water. He was wearing black swimming trunks with orange and yellow flame designs on them.

The blonde frowned at Saitama, kicking water at him. "Cut it out..." he muttered, staring into the water. His hands were on the ground behind him, elbows locked. He leaned back, his arms supporting him.

Saitama's smile faltered, but didn't disappear. He swam to the bottom of the ten foot deep pool, his belly brushing against the rough bottom before he came up for air. He looked up at Genos, holding on to the side of the pool. His black hair was drenched and hanging in his face, and he irritably brushed it away, slicking it back. 

"You're no fun, Genos! Why don't you get in the pool, dude?" he asked, flicking Genos on the knee. Genos just looked down at him, his expression blank.

"Why would I? There's no point, it doesn't improve anything." the blonde stated.

Saitama rolled his eyes, swimming around in a small circle. "You're so boring, Genos.... It's just for fun! So you can, I dunno... Chill out and be carefree for once?" 

"Free of cares...?" Genos repeated as if it was a foreign phrase, his nose wrinkled. "How about no."

Saitama sighed, letting his smile drop off his face. Suddenly, an idea formed in his head, and he turned away from Genos with a smirk on his face. Saitama could hold his breath for up to two minutes, but Genos didn't know that. If he could just.... 

Silently, he slipped under the water, blowing air out of his mouth and letting himself sink until he lightly landed on the bottom. He opened his dark brown eyes, staring up at the now distorted, blurry sky. The water made his hair float about, waving around in the peaceful pool. The dappled sunlight shone in his eyes, bright even under ten feet of water. He squinted and forced himself to relax. There was no doubt that Genos would come in to "rescue" him. He lay there calmly, a tiny smile resting on his lips.

Meanwhile, Genos was peering into the water at Saitama, amber eyes wide. "Saitama? Saitama!" he called out, leaning forward. Saitama wasn't moving, and there were no longer any bubbles floating to the surface... That means... 

Was he drowning!?

Genos stood up and shuddered, preparing himself to dive in. 'It's for Saitama!' he internally shouted at himself. Steeling his nerves, he began to fall into the pool, arms extended and fingers touching, back arched into a dive.

Saitama was tranquilly relaxing on the bottom, admiring the peacefulness of this underwater world. Suddenly the calm was shattered by a diving Genos, the bubbles surrounding his body and the water moving away in shock waves.

Genos swam urgently towards Saitama, who had closed his eyes to make his "drowning" seem more realistic. Genos forced his eyes open so he could see where he was headed. He disliked the murkiness and distortion this deep in the water, and how it made his ears painfully pop.

As soon as Genos reached his best friend, he put his arms in between the other's arms and waist. He bent his elbows, successfully gripping Saitama's shoulder from underneath and behind. Making sure he had a firm grip on the ravenette, Genos propelled them both towards the surface, grunting from the effort. Saitama was like a dead weight when "passed out".