Chapter 17

The weeks went by and illness and greif took over my heart and body. Jack looked tired all the time. He would never tell me why but it must of been a good reason. "How are you feeling?" "Horrible. My head is like a steam engine. And I am still boiling hot." "You always seem to burn up." "Probably the vampire blood fighting it." "Probably." Jack yawned. "You can go to bed if you want?" "No. I am fine." "Why are you so tired?" "I am fine." He said. "Jack." "I am fine." He got up and walked into our room. Slamming the door behind him.

I decided to go slay a vampire or two. I walked out and to the graveyard. "Lexi? What are you doing here?" "Hunting. What are you doing?" "Going to fight Angel." "But your sick?" "So are you." "No mine is sadness. Yours is the virus." "No you have the virus and you just weren't strong enough to fight it off straight away." "Rude." Willow and Xander ran over. They talked and I looked around. Then I saw Angel. "Guys." The turned around and he smiled.

They fought. "What's wrong lover, don't fill yourself today?" "I will when I kill you." They carried on and light headed ness took over. Everything faded to nothing.

*Jack POV*

I knew Lexi would off gone to the graveyard. But I didn't like it when I saw Xander carrying her. "I can take from her." I said and he handed her over. "Let's get them to a hospital."

When we arrived the doctors took them away. I called Giles and Buffy's mum. Then I saw them push Buffy and Lexi down the corridor. I ran after it and then walked besides Lexi. My heart beat was too fast for my liking. I was so scared for them. "Jack?" "Hi Lexi. I am here." "It was so dark. But the pain was still there." "It's okay. You are going to be fine." "Can they be in the same room?" I heard Xander said as I stopped and the beds carried on.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could help me. You see that girl you called Lexi doesn't have any files." "That's because she came from England in the summer. She doesn't go to the hospital a lot." "Well we still need a name. "She is called Alexa, here birthday is the 25th of November and is allergic to certain hair products." "Second name?" "Vega." "Thank you." She walked off and I sighed. "Vega?" "I couldn't tell them she is a Summers. She isn't even born yet." "I guess." "Well then. If you don't mind, I have a girlfriend to look after." I walked away and into Lexi's room.

I stood next to her for twenty four hours. Each hour she would go in and out of consciousness. "Jack, I can watch her. You should go get some air or food." Giles said walking into the room. "I don't know." "Lexi would want you to." "Fine. I won't be long Lexi." I kissed her forehead and walked out.

"Buffy's white knight. It must eat up that I got to her first." "Doesn't mean she loves you the most." I said and Angel looked at me. "How is my baby?" "That has nothing to do with you. Only me and Danielle." "That's rude. She is my little baby girl. I can care for her." "She doesn't need you." "Very rude." "Leave now." "This is a public place." "Come back during the day time." "And what is going to stop me seeing my girls?" "That police officer, the two security guards, oh and me." "Brave boy Jack." He shoved the flower at Xander and walked out.

"Jack, Lexi wants you?" "What?" I walked. "What?" She wasn't awake? I was about to turns around when I got hit on the head with something.

---------------

I woke up at mine and Lexi's. Grabbing a ice pack, I placed it against my aching head. I walked over and saw a note.

Sorry Jack. It was for your own good. You need time to sleep and rest. Lexi will be fine. Me, Willow and Xander will take turns looking after and watching her. Once you wake up and had something to eat, your welcome to come back.

How are they to know if I have eaten or not? Idiots. I had some toast and decide to hang around the house for a while.

-------------

*Alexa (Lexi) POV*

My body aches when I woke up. It felt like a cow had been dropped on me and Jack tried to reassemble my bones but got it all wrong. "Morning Alexa." The nurse said walking into the room. Buffy turned to me and smiled. "Hey Lexi." "Hi Buffy. Can you remember anything?" "Yeah why?" "I feel so lost and stupid right know." "Well you know who I am so that's good." "How can I forget my mum?" I said and the nurse looked at me funny. "It was a joke." Buffy said laughing.

Giles, Willow, Xander and Cordellia walked in. "Hello girls." "Hi guys." Buffy said. They surrounded her and I sat there. "You are awake then Lexi." "Yeah." "Jack wouldn't leave your side. Your were in and out of consciousness all night." "If he stayed where is he?" They all went silent. "Oh Jack. Giles knocked him out and took him home." Cordellia said smiling. Giles face palmed and I looked at him. "He could of stayed." I tried to get out of bed, but Xander and Willow put me back in. "I want a phone call." "This isn't jail." "Yes it is. Buffy hates the hospital and so do I." "How do you know that?" "I was still alive when you guys were talking. Now please. I want to call Jack."

"No need. I am here." They let go and I looked at the door. I got out and hugged him. "Hi Lexi." "Can I go home?" "I don't know. Probably not." I sighed and Jack picked me up bridal style and placed me on the hospital bed. He sat next to me and I grabbed his hand.

"I saw something last night." Buffy said and looked at the nurse. "Let's go for a walk." "Your not coming Lexi." Giles said. "Why?" "Because you will make a run for it." "No I won't." "Come on Jack." Giles said and they all walked out. "I am not a dog." I heard Jack say as the silence arrived.

I looked at the door and saw a creepy man walk past. No pupils, a bowler hat and a horrible teethy grin. It was just all teeth. "Death?" I said as he waved and walked past. I tried to get out of bed but the nurses ran in and restrained me. "Sorry Miss Vega." The stabbed a needle in my arm and all let go. "What did you just do?" I said before blacking out.