Prologue

"Hello," I said cheerfully, to the sound of the door opening. 

"Hello," I heard a deep husky voice respond "What can I get you?" I turned around to see a tall, tattooed man with curly brown hair, the cutest dimpled grin anyone had ever seen and his emerald green eyes that seemed to see into my soul while he looked at me.

We both stood there looking into each other's eye, neither of us saying a word, for what seemed like forever; this moment of ours was interrupted when four boys more barged in. Two tattooed brunettes, one blonde with no tattoos, at least not any visible one, and a black haired tattooed one.

 "So, what can I get for you guys?" I said to break the awkward silence.  

"Just some waters," one of them said. 

 "Coming right up."

 As I was getting their drinks i realized who they were; One direction. I wasn't going to freak out or start fangirling, maybe a bit internally, but other than that no. 

 "Five waters," I said placing the glasses in front of them at the bar where they were now sitting. 

"So, where are you from?" Niall asked. 

 "Chicago," I responded.

 "I knew you weren't british, accent wasn't right," Harry responded.  

"What's your name?" Liam asked. 

 "Thalia." 

 "I'm guessing you already know are names," Zayn joined in. I nodded in response. 

 "So what are you guys doing sitting in a bar like this?" I questioned.  

"Hiding," Louis responded. 

 "From?" 

"Fans. Just finished our last show of the tour." 

 "Tell us about yourself Thalia," Harry blurted out. 

"Well someone likes to talk," I said looking at Harry. 

 "I don't seem to be the only one," he replied with a smirk. 

 "What do you want to know?" 

 "Anything and everything Love." When he called me love, I could feel butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks got redder than they ever had. 

 "Well," I started, trying to act normal, "I'm 18 in college, major in character design and minor in psychology. I'm from Chicago but you already know that. Moved here for school. I work here, at the bar. I'm in a band-" 

"What do you play?" Louis cut me off. 

 "Guitar, drums, piano," I said listing them all. 

"You sing?" Harry asked curiously. 

 "Yeah." 

 "You should sing us something." Louis said. 

 "Tell you what, if you come back tomorrow I will." 

 "I'm in." 

 "Now it's your guy's turn." 

 "Turn for?" Niall asked confused. 

 "Tell me about your selves. Not the shit the media say buy who you really are," and for the rest of the night we did, just sat and talked.  

The guys left one by one. By the end of the night I had all their numbers and they all had mine as well. Soon enough it was just me and Harry after a while of the two of us just talking I told him he should head home but instead he insisted on giving me a ride. So that's what he did.

The next morning was just like any other I woke up, ate breakfast, showered and got dressed. The rest of the other girls had already left for work. We all worked at the bar today, Elaine, Maeve, and Mckenzie.

I got to work and there he was just sitting there. He waved at me as I walked in. He got up and followed me as I headed to the back of the bar. 

 "So I am I gonna get to hear you sing today?" Harry asked as I set my bag down. 

 "Am I not worth a simple hello?" I asked pretending to be upset. 

 "Sorry Love," he said pulling me into a hug, "You're worth so much more than that," he mumbled and I pretended not to hear. We just stood there in each other's arms. I could have stayed there forever, listening to his heartbeat, breathing in his scent, feeling his breath on my neck. But again we were interrupted. 

 Maeve walked in and me and Harry let go of each other. 

 "Didn't see you walk in Thal," Maeve said while grabbing some glasses from one of the shelves, "Who's thi- OH! H-hi I'm Maeve," she stuttered. 

"Hello," Harry said in return. 

 "I've never heard you stutter before Mae." 

 "Oh shut up," she said hitting my arm playfully, "Now hurry up, it's gonna get busy soon." 

 "Alright calm down woman." 

"That's my que," I said to Harry once Mae had left the room. 

 "Thal wait." Harry said before I reached the door.  

"Yeah?" I said as I turned around to face Harry.

  Harry slid his arms my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck our faces inches apart. Before I knew what I was doing my lips were pressed against his. That was my first kiss and it was soft, sweet, gentle and loving. As we pulled apart I looked into his eyes. They were filled with lust and what seemed to be love. Next thing I knew his lips were pressed against mine once more, I wanted it to last forever, I wanted it be never ending: but right as we pulled apart I could hear Mae calling me. 

"Gotta go before she kills me," I said looking at the floor and not wanting to leave Harry's arms. 

 "I'm still getting my song right?" Harry asked as I opened the door. 

"Of course," I said with a smile as we both walked back to the front of the bar.

After hours of work and Harry begging me to go sing, I gave in.  As I got on stage everyone started clapping, they all knew who I was since I performed almost everyday and we rarely got new customers.  As I grabbed the guitar propped up against the wall of the stage four familiar faces walked into the bar.  Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn.

I sat on the stool that was on stage and I said, "This is Fallingforyou by The 1975," before I started singing.

What time you coming down?
We started losing light
I'll never make it right
If you don't want me 'round
I'm so excited for the night
All we need's my bike
And your enormous house
You said someday we might
When I'm closer to your height and
Till then we'll knock around and see
If you're all I need

Don't you see me, but
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
And don't you need me, but
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
And on this night
And in this life
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
Maybe you'll change your mind
I think I'm falling
I think I'm falling

I'm caught on your coat again
You said "oh no it's fine"
I read between the lines
And touch your leg again, again
I'll take you one day at a time
Soon you will be mine
Oh but what you now, I want you now
When the smoke is in your eyes
You look so alive
Do you fancy sitting down, with me?
You're all I need
According to your heart
My place is not deliberate
Feeling of your arms
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your neck

Don't you see me, but
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
Don't you need me, but
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
And on this night
And in this life
I think I'm falling
I'm falling for you
Maybe you'll change your mind

Once I finished there was a round of applause.  I stepped down from the stage and walked over to where Harry and the rest of the guys were standing.

"What did you think?" I asked looking at Harry.

"Amazing," that was all he said before he kissed me.

That was how I fell in love with Harry Styles.