Art Contest Entry

TrickytheChilly
Not the best, but lo and behold! Niji Sakura!

Niji Sakura was a normal woman once, living in the ancient ages

Niji Sakura was a normal woman once, living in the ancient ages. When a war came along, her husband left her and their son to fight. He gave her his love and best wishes before departing.
Niji loved her husband, whose name was Tsuka, with all her heart. She raised their son well, and she rejoiced after six years of the war. She prepared a feast to welcome Tsuka back home, but she received bad news from a messenger of the army. Tsuka had suffered awful wounds from the final battle.
On the ship back home, he passed.
Niji was heartbreaken-- she waited 6 years for her husband to return, but he never did! Their own son never met him!
Niji, blinded by fury, locked all her doors and kept her child away from the sun. It wasn't long before nuns came and took him to an orphanage, knowing that a traumatized woman can't care for her son.
Niji ran off to an island where she grew old and weak. In her final breaths she was reincarnated into a rain nymph by a god of some sort. Her graying stringy hair turned glossy. She wore a gown of rainbow.
There are legends even today in that area, whispering of some chaotic water goddess, searching to avenge the death of her husband which occurred centuries ago...

Her powers consist of lullabies that lure prey into her cavern, and she can hypnotize people easily.
She has a great weakness to flattery.

Sorry about the story, I was rushed.