Chapter 1

For as long as I can remember Ashton Irwin has been in my life. The first memory I have of him is when I was five years old and he was ten. I was sitting on the floor of my living room watching some cartoon when him and my brother Mikey came into the house. Even as young as I was I still remember thinking about how beautiful he was, how beautiful he is. Michael wanted me to go somewhere else so that they could play video games, it was back when he still hated me for making him no longer be an only child. However Ashton bent down to my level and told me that if I let Mikey and him play their games in the living room he'd let me take a turn too even though Mikey usually had a coronary if I went near his precious gamecube. Since then I have been entirely in love with him.

We all grew together, of course they were always a few years ahead of me but I tried so desperately to catch up. By the time I was 15 and he was 19 he thought of me as a sister and he was practically my sexual awakening, needless to say we weren't entirely on the same page. That was about the time the band took off and now I haven't seen him in about two and a half years.

Still being only 17 I doubt seeing him today will change anything in his 22 year old mind. Of course I've seen my brother since then and I talk to him almost everyday but Ashton is a different story. We haven't talked in all that time... not even a word. He dropped me completely. Everything stopped, from the times Mikey would fall asleep too early and Ashton would hang out with me and to coming to my school choir performances even when Mikey had to work. It broke my heart but I still love him and think about him everyday.

I look down at my watch in the back of the taxi seeing that it's almost four o'clock and I should be arriving at the hotel they are staying at anytime. I wanted Mikey to pick me up but they had an interview today and it really wasn't a big deal I could get there in a taxi just as easy.

"So Miss are you here to tour the city?" The driver asks referring to New York where they are staying for about a month break and snapping me out of my thoughts.

I try to smile at him as best I can to be friendly. "Visiting family actually, my brother."

He nods pulling over to the sidewalk suddenly and says, "We're here have a nice stay miss."

I nod handing him the fair and grabbing my suitcase, which is packed full, before exiting the cab.

I look up at the tall hotel and feel my stomach knot in a million different ways. However I take a deep breath and walking inside. They are staying on the twelfth floor so I make my way there.

Soon I find myself staring at Mikey's door and my fist makes contact with it. There is some shuffling from the other side and soon the door is yanked open.

"Maggie!" Mikey yells as soon as he looks up at me grabbing me into a huge hug.

I laugh at his excitement because I know if I wasn't so nervous I would probably be acting the same way. Thankfully Mikey and I have a mutual understanding about how shy I can be sometimes.

"Hi Mikey." I sigh hugging close to me happy to finally see him in person again.

He takes a step away from me but still keeping his hands on my shoulders. "I know we've faced timed since but I cannot believe how much more grown up you look every time I see you kiddo."

I smile inwardly to myself. "You as well big bro." I laugh lightly messing up his hair.

He rolls his green eyes that I've always been so jealous of compared to my dark and bottomless looking ones. "Here I'll show you to your room it's just down the hall." He smiles leading me as he keeping talking. "I know you like some alone time so I thought a few doors down wouldn't bother you."

"Thanks Mikey you are literally the best." I smile giving him a playful nudge.

He hands me my key and I open the door. The room isn't small but it's definitely not as big as a suite. I walk in and leave my suitcase at the closet before plopping my butt down on the bed. "This is amazing Mikey thank you."

He smiles proudly and nods. Ever since the band has started making money he takes pride in being able to treating his family here and there. "So would you like to unpack and rest or would you like to go meet the guys for some lunch?"

My overwhelming tiredness suddenly vanishes from my mind. "Of course the guys!" I laugh trying to cover up how excited that came out. Michael doesn't seem to notice. "Just give me a second to touch up my hair and makeup."

I grab my toiletries out of my bag and he rolls his eyes leaning against the bathroom door frame as I get ready. He sighs and after spraying my never tamed curls with some hairspray I look over at him and give him a questioning look.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you do need all that crap?" He says and I copy him by rolling my eyes and sighing.

"I'm not wearing a ton of makeup like some people I just want to look nice." I tell him before turning back to the mirror to apply a little more concealer on my trouble spots.

"You look nice without it." He retorts.

"Whatever." I mumble under my breath not believing him. I've never really had a good self image.

Once I'm done freshening up we head down to the lobby and get into the all black mustang he's rented while they are here.

I look at myself in the mirror hopping I'm dressed okay. I have on tight black and ripped up skinny jeans and a tye-dyed tank top with black and white vans. The jeans are highwaisted but not obnoxiously so; only enough to show off my figure a little more than regular jeans would.

"Are you nervous to see the boys again after so long? Is that why you are quiet?" Michal asks smirking over at me from the driver's seat.

I try to play it cool and shrug but I can tell he sees right through me. "Okay yes... I mean I am spending a month with you guys I don't just want to still be your little sister... I want them to think of me as a friend too." I say and then "or more." quietly to myself.

He laughs. "Come on kid they love you now don't be so nervous, they miss you." I smile at his statement hoping he not just trying to make me feel better.

We're quiet for the rest of the short drive and when we get to a nice looking pub Michael parks the car and hops out quickly. I follow his actions and himself up to the door of the place. When he opens the door it seems mostly casual and surprisingly not too loud. Soft music finds my ears through the rest of the white noise.

That's when I see him... all three of course but Ashton catches my eyes like always. His mere presence seems to beckon me closer so I continue to follow Mikey.