The Job Of A High School Host

ابدأ من البداية

It was the night of the ball as Haruhi and I were dragged to the formal dance as the twins dressed us up in designer suits we stood in our positions Tamaki placed us in the lights were dim as Haruhi and I stood in similar position as the twins. "Welcome my little lambs, who have gathered here tonight," Tamaki began as he raised his hand to signal the lights. "Ouran Host Club bids you a fond welcome..." He said fluidly as a spotlight shined down on him as he bowed. "To this dance party." The chandeliers began to turn on one by one as the Ouran orchestra which I was apart of began to play I was supposed to be there with them in fact and I felt bad bout abandoning them to be honest I was their best player. All the gather girls clapped excitedly as they looked up at us in awe. Kyoya spoke up next spreading his arms out the the assorted girls. "We invite you to enjoy yourselves to your hearts content, as you dance with the Host Club members. In addition the guest who is recognised as the best dancer, and is chosen as tonights queen, will recieve a kiss on the cheek from our clubs king Tamaki." Kyoya said as Tamaki broke his pose. "Good luck to you all." He finished as most the hosts smiled except Haruhi, Mori, and I. The twins appeared at our sides Hikaru leaning on Haruhi and Kaoru leaning on me. "Haruhi, Nageki your enthusiasm is low." They synchronized as I stared sadly at the crows of girls my hair messily strewn. "I'm not used to this sort of thing. The only dance I've ever been to is the festival in my neighborhood park." Kyoya spoke up now back to his usual self as he scribbled into his notebook Tamaki was still perched at the top of the stairs looking out into the sea of girls smiling. "I wouldn't exactly call that a dance party." Kyoya said cooly he never glanced up from his notebook as he spoke. "Well, the two of you are here anyway so why don't you enjoy the cuisine? There's a real spread." He said as Haruhi and I completely lit up and looked at each other as we spoke together cutely and synchronized. "A spread?...L-Like with fancy tuna?" We asked blushing lightly as Kyoya's pen snapped while the rest of the hosts stared at us in disbelief Tamaki jumped down from the balcony at the top of the stairs as Hikaru and Kaoru rubbed their cheeks against ours muttering about how cute we were. Tamaki poointed at kyoya who was already on his phone. "Get some fancy tuna here stat! Add some deluxe sushi!" He screamed as Honey and Mori gazed at us curiously.
~Later~
All the hosts were dancing with their own girls as I stood against a column awkwardly no one wanted to dance with me but Haruhi had been asked several times already. I sighed sadly as I stated before I hated to be left out especially when Haruhi was involved. I felt the presence of two girls behind us regulars by the feel of their auras they finally got the nerve to peek around the corner. "Um... Haruhi?" They began to ask but quickly disappeared as Kanako walked over looking beautiful as ever in blue beaded dress with a white shawl. "I've been looking for you. You'll dance with me won't you?" She asked as Haruhi glanced at me I covered my sad eyes with my bangs and smiled and motioned her forward she looked uncertain but turned back to Kanako. "Yes. Of course." She said as she held out her hand to her I leant my head back on the pillar my gaze upward as I couldn't stand to watch them go and be happy with out me included. All the other hosts certainly were I thought selfishly that maybe Haruhi would stay with me and not fulfill her duties as a host and dance with the many girls that asked her. This was the third time I had been left alone tonight I sighed as I turned away from the party and walked outside into the fresh air no one would notice my absence anyway. I sat there and stared at the sky unaware how much time had passed I closed my eyes and imagined the last party I had been to all those years ago. I sighed when I felt a presense walk outside it was familiar. "What are you doing out her all alone Nageki?" Tamaki asked as I turned to him sadness still in my gaze as I turned to him I made sure we were alone before I spoke. "I wasn't n-needed..." I stuttered as I turned back to face the sky. Tamaki sighed as he held his hand out to me a small smile on his face. "Are you ready to perform?" He asked knowing it would make me feel better I smiled as I took his hand. "Yeah..." I trailed off as we walked up the the out doors balcony were acoustic guitar was set up ready for me to play. I cleared my throat and warmed up my voice testing everything and pulling my curtain. Kanako and Suzushima ran through the court yard as I told Tamaki I was ready when they were I sat there sectioned off from the world as I messed around with my MP3 in my slightly shaking hands I could hear the conversation out side so I tuned in for my signal. "And now ladies and gentleman, this enjoyable evening has come to it's final song there it was my signal I blocked out the rest as I plugged in my head phones and began to play and sing.
I finished as Hikaru announced the dance queen whose name I didn't quite catch as I pulled away from the microphone strumming absentmindedly on my acoustic as I sat down on the plush couch comfortable again finally I never took out my headphones so I was left alone forgetting the world was turning at that moment. I was snapped out of my time losing state as I felt a hand on my shoulder I hadn't realized it but I was crying out of loneliness and unwanted memories as I turned to Haruhi who had a look of remorse. My music was unbearably loud to the point were Haruhi can hear it her voice didn't reach my ears as she spoke to me as tears streamed down my face I buried my face into her chest. I felt her voice from the vibrations in her chest as she brushed her fingers through my hair stopping at the burnt ends as they were just matted black burnt clumps that enabled my hair from growing. She continued this until I was calmed down then she smiled as I took out my headphones the blasting eardrum splitting music still playing. "Oh Nageki..." She murmured while brushing my hair out of my eyes. Both of us blissfully unaware that the six hosts were outside the door listening to them.