Hayden took it as a cue, and immediately proceeded to take his animal form. "Hayden no—"

A fiery bird approached from above, "Let me talk to him! He'll listen to me!!"

"Tanya?!!!" Aura squawked.

"I'm sorry." She snickered, "I've always wanted to say that."

At some point, unbeknownst to all of them, Skye had appeared and now lingered by the tree beneath her, on Amos' side.

He made sure to take note of this and show appreciation later.

Hayden howled.

"Hayden baby— this isn't you!" Tanya cooed.

Aura's eyes could have bugged out of her head at the red headed female. "HELP ME!"

And then they were at it. Colliding in light against darkness.

Aura wasn't worried about her mate, not in the slightest. He was an old formidable creature with millennia's of experience on his shoulders. She had just discovered he was one of the first angels. He was going to be fine. But Hayden? Wolven or not he wouldn't stand a chance.

It was her love for Markus that forced her charging between the two, trying desperately to change tactics and latch onto Amos as he sent the wolf scattering with the blow of a single wing.

She felt the difference the moment she touched him. He froze mid step. He was as physically affected by her as she was by him. She felt the intake of breath when her palm touched his chest through his tunic, the claim behind his hands when he possessively latched onto her neck and waist with each one.

He watched Hayden behind her hungrily, as though he wanted to eat his soul. But Aura's presence stopped him from moving, and she wasn't sure he was in the state of mind to hear her call his name until she tried and he snapped his gaze onto hers.

His eyes were still that sinister black, absorbing darkness, with white slits that regarded her with smouldering intensity. His lips formed a snarl as he growled "Mine."

Her stomach pooled with heat. "Yours." She breathed.

He bared his teeth at her, but his fangs didn't scare her. When he slid the hand that was on her waist to her rump, and squeezed? He was the only thing keeping her upright. "Mine." He growled again, this time with a gentler undertone. He claimed her lips right there, in front of everyone, and she let him to satisfy whatever ancient beast had been triggered by this event.

When he finally pulled away it was only to usher, "Hakeesee" In a breathy tone, lowering his forehead against hers.

Her heart raced so wildly she wondered if all the creatures in the forest could hear.

Meidraco.

The word niggled in the back of her mind, but she daren't say it aloud. Not understanding where it came from or what it even meant.

She heard the faint crackling of flame as Tanya must have descended somewhere behind her, but she didn't dare lose focus on Amos until she was certain he was okay.

"If I ever catch you standing behind a naked man like that again." He breathed in perilous warning, "I will bend you over and claim you entirely. Right after I eat him alive and leave his head on a spike to serve as a warning to anyone who would ever dare."

She should have felt fear, but she shivered with something different entirely.

"Oh?"

"Try me princess." His voice darkened. "I'm trying to be a gentleman but I will fuck you in all corners of every world to cement the fact that you are mine."

Aura gulped.

He looked ready to fulfil that promise now.

Instead, he let her go, where she fell back to her feet, not realising she had ever left the ground.

She watched him stalk back to the direction of his meal. Bristling, but leaving the wolf alone. As though he had come to some kind of silent understanding.

Aura turned around to watch Tanya supporting a dumbfounded Hayden, who had been watching the entire exchange from the ground with an unreadable expression on his face. Tanya whispered something in his ear and he shook her off, going the opposite way to cool down, body hunched and fists clenching.

Now, it was Aura's turn to cool off.

"Where are you going?" Tanya called.

"I need to f-find a suicidal naked man."