|| 1 ||

Entering the palace with 2,999 other women, young and old fighting for the love of one man. Women not knowing what to expect, although they know what they must do. Entering the palace means accepting fate. Accepting that He might not be with you. Accepting that other women may plot against you for being his favorite. Accepting that another women will make him happen, and serve him in his chambers. Accepting the fact that he might just forget you.

Meixiang walking in the third row behind five other girls. She looked around with big curious eyes, unsure of her future from now on. She was pure and innocent unknowing the vicious ways of the harem.
She looked over to her best friend Hua, they grew up together as children and now they would love the same man. They smiled at each other both not knowing what'll become of them. "Don't worry.... We're here together." Meixiang smiled, she stood out more than Hua. She is daring, vibrant, captivating , not like any other women in the Harem. Hua seemed sweet and innocent, but she was no Meixiang.

Hua nodded as they held each other's hands going to their Jinju Palace where all Cairen's would be sleeping. "At least we're together and not separated." Hua smiled and looked at Meixiang, something about Meixiang had a fire burning inside of her, but they were best friends nothing would change that.
Hua sighed and looked around at the other Cairen's, Quian a spoiled niece of the Emperors consort was showing off as usual.

Everyone was anxious to see who His Majesty would send for that night. Li Gong-Gong came to Quian. "Congratulations, His Majesty has summoned you." Quian left swaying her him and laughed. "Oh Meixiang, looks like I'm already his favorite." She laughed victoriously. Meixiang only smiled and nodded. "Good luck.." She said softly she had no ill wishes towards her because she believed she'd soon have his favor as well.