A Disastrous, Almost Tragic, Baby Shower

Start from the beginning

For the past five and a half months, Chris hasn't left my side. If he had a 'Black Pyramid' meeting, he dragged me along. Obviously, I tagged along to the meetings for 'The Kill' too because it was my line. My hubby tried to have both meetings for our clothing lines back to back as much as possible to make it easier on us. I also went to the studio with him which he tried to do during the day so I wouldn't end up asleep all night on the couch there. Just in case he ended up having long sessions. If that ended up happening, then I went over Tina's, Seiko's, or Cassie's; with my bodyguards. I had two; not one but TWO! I understood why though, Chris was just trying to protect me and the baby. Speaking of my little bundle of joy, they're 100% healthy.

We had our most recent check-up yesterday and ever since then, I've been on my husband's ass about telling me if we were having a boy or girl. Once I was far along enough to find out, I was too nervous. I felt like that moment was supposed to be a surprise but there was NO WAY Chris was waiting. My doctor gave him a copy of the ultrasound giving him the news so I wouldn't have to know when I didn't want to. That was two and a half months ago and everyone but me, including everyone in my family knows the sex of the baby by now. That's why I couldn't take not knowing anymore. "Are you going to tell me now," I ask as we're in the car. I knew he wasn't budging when it came to where we were going because if that's a surprise, he never does.

Therefore, I wasn't even going to try asking that question. "Babe. I didn't give in and tell you yesterday so when will you give up and stop asking?" "When you answer the question because you love me just as much as you love this baby; or more even!" He chuckles a little as he pulls up to our favorite group hang-out. It happened to be the restaurant where our first date was. More celebrities showed up each night after Rihanna, Kae, and I were there and the rest is history. It's the perfect place for date night as well as parties during the day. Considering it wasn't anyone's birthday anytime soon, I had a feeling what this about. Our friends got together to celebrate the launch of both 'Black Pyramid' and 'The Kill's newest lines or- "SURPRISE! Congratulations on the baby!"

Or that; a surprise baby shower that Chris planned with not just our friends but family. I didn't even get a chance to ask what this was without having my thoughts confirmed. It was pretty amazing; I mean literally everyone was here. The best part, I couldn't help but cry because my hubby planned everything, from where to have the baby shower to driving me crazy until I gave in and wanted to know the sex of the baby. No matter where I turned, that answer was obvious too; it was everywhere. From the balloons to the streamers and the rest of the decorations. The cake gave it away too. After all, the main color scheme in the whole place included two colors: pink and purple. We were having a girl. "Is this why you wouldn't tell me yesterday," I asked my husband.

"I thought that was obvious but yeah. That way we can tell them the name we chose for our daughter together and everyone can get off my ass about telling them because you wanted to wait!" I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully before giving him my response. "Shut up and kiss me stupid!" We shared a cute moment as he did what I said, cameras flashing everywhere to capture it, before they asked the ever so important question. "So? What are you naming her?!" We look at each other and it was obvious it wasn't quite time to let them know yet. I wanted to make them work for it. "What's the fun in telling you now? Let's play a few games first and if Chris and I lose, we'll give you a clue and a chance to guess. Whoever guesses our daughter's name first gets the big prize."

That got everyone more excited about playing the games and they tried their best to beat Chris and I. The only way that worked is if they kept from giving up and we ended up giving them the answers they wanted. Our best friends and closest family members including our parents got the most answers correctly which led to at least one more clue for everyone to know what my hubby and I were naming our baby girl three hours later. I also had a lot of food and it had me feeling a little woozy not to mention nauseous. I just need to sit down because the excitement of it all, and the food, was getting to me somehow. That's strange too because throughout my whole pregnancy, I never had any issues. Once this party is over, I can't wait to get home so I could rest. I'm sure that's all I need.