Chapter 13

The next day wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I ended up getting the flu and I felt so weak I couldn't do anything except for lie in bed while mom came in and fed me hot soup, which was difficult to eat, considering the fact that I could barely open my mouth.

"Kasey, open your mouth!" Mom started getting frustrated. I would've replied, but my throat was too sore. I opened my mouth as wide as I could and mom gave me another HUGE spoon of soup. Dad came in when I was finished with my soup.

"Are you feeling any better, sweetheart?" he asked. I barely nodded.

"Kasey, you're going to have to go to the hospital. We don't know if you have the flu, a very bad cold, or what!" Dad said. I already knew he had made up his mind and it wasn't worth arguing with him. I couldn't argue with him even if I wanted to. I just closed my eyes and tried to rest.

Lord, I don't know what's wrong with me, but please heal me. Reach down with Your mighty healing hands and touch me. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

I was so exhausted and weak that I went out like a light.

When I woke up, I was sweating. My eyes felt weird and I started seeing a lot of red, so I rubbed my eyes, thinking I was just tired. When I looked at my hand, there was blood all over it. My eyes were bleeding. Soon everything turned to a blackish red color.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I yelled, feeling like no one would ever hear my voice and come help me. And I was correct. No one came, so I hollered again. "HELP! Someone, please!" I was so scared. I would've cried, but I was too scared to cry. I was too scared to move, for that matter. I felt someone touch my hand and I screamed. They put their hand over my mouth to keep me quiet.

"It's just me, David," they said. I wanted to see him. I wanted to cry. I wanted to escape this horrible place called earth. I felt sick, and heavy hearted for some unknown reason. I just felt sad. I didn't know why. "Kasey, I'm so worried about you. Please don't leave. Stay with me."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. This was weird.

"They said," he paused for a long time. "They said you don't have much longer. You're too sick, they can't help you." David started tearing up. I couldn't see him, but I could hear him.

"You're scaring me," I said.

"Don't leave me!" David begged me. Like it was my choice! I was way more scared than him! I was the one going to die! David put his hand on my leg.

"Don't touch me! Get away from me!" I screamed as if I was being chased by a serial killer.

It was soon after that horrible dream that I woke up, feeling energized, and much better; although my throat was still sore. Dad was sitting on a recliner in my room and mom was sitting on my bed.

"Bob, she's awake." Mom said.

"Where am I?" I was so confused. Was I still in a dream, or was I really awake now?

"Kasey, you've been in a coma for three days. You were very sick, and you fell asleep and we couldn't wake you up, so the doctor came over here. He's been checking on you every day. We were so worried!" Mom kissed my forehead.

"I had the worst dream ever," I said.

"Well, it's over now, and our baby girl is back. That's all that matters right now." Dad patted my hand and walked out of the room, with mom following him. That was the strangest thing ever. In a coma? For four days? No. That couldn't be. Well, I did ask God to heal me, and I feel a lot better than I did before I fell asleep.

A few hours later, the doctor came in and did a checkup on me.

"She's looking a lot better," the doctor said, while scribbling something on a paper. "Here's the medicine she needs to take for a few days. Keep taking these until your throat doesn't feel sore anymore. You may still feel a little sick when the sore throat goes away, but you'll feel better in no time."

"Thank you, Dr. Morris," Mom said.

"No problem. Keep an eye on this one." he winked at me. "Make sure she gets enough rest." I grinned.

"We will," Dad replied.

"Has she been working out or anything?" Dr. Morris asks.

"Yes?" Mom replies, confused.

"Don't let her overdo it, because she can pull a muscle if she works too hard."

"Okay. Thank you so much." Mom thanked him again. Dr. Morris escorted himself out. Mom left the room and came back with chicken noodle soup. "Eat this. I can hear your stomach growling." I rolled my eyes and took the bowl from mom. Dad and mom left and I started eating. My week had been kind of crazy, but I'm just glad it's all over; for now, anyway.