Fourteen.

For the first time since my arrival, Melodie had nothing to say.

The last words were exchanged between her and the principal, as she looked at me and said "She'll be disciplined accordingly." Not a single word left her lips as we walked from the student filled halls, to her car, and into the house. Truth be told, I was starting to get worried. She wasn't answering questions, either.

"What's for dinner?" I had asked, and she didn't say a word, putting her keys on the rack and getting something out of the fridge.

"Sounds good," I replied to the silence with a huff, going to my room and closing the door promptly. And as I plopped on my bed, I tried to figure out how the heck someone got into my locker.

I usually visited my locker before and after school, to get my longboard and head onto the bus. I didn't bring it in the morning, since I had just cleaned everything, and needed to set it back up. Meaning I came in with all my books, without visiting my locker at all. I hadn't told anyone my combination, mostly because everyone knew not to ask, and I was a top locker, meaning nobody was above me. The person below me never showed up when I was there. It was a boy, with a name like Chris or something. It didn't really matter to me.

I knew I didn't do it. There was no need to convince myself, to consider maybe I was half asleep or something. It was too dumb for me to do, and being framed as an idiot wasn't something I liked. Plus, everyone would hear about this by the time I came back. The point was to leave silently, where my imprint would stay but my appearance wouldn't. This wasn't the imprint I wanted.

I looked over at my iPod dock, and sighed. Ninth period ended not too long ago, and I could've been simply going home for the weekend, and plan my escape while on the bus. The entire dumb suspension had ruined my plans, since Melodie would be on guard and probably check on me while I was packing.

I jumped at the sensation of my phone vibrating, which took me away from my thoughts. It was Drew, of course; I hadn't tried getting Ricky, Caleb's, or Emma's. I figured I'd be pushing my luck with that.

Where are you?

My eyebrows raised at the text, as I quickly constructed a lie to tell him. I didn't want to respond too quickly, but I didn't want to respond too late, either.

I went home. Felt sick.

He didn't respond for a while, and I sat up on my bed, playing a game while waiting. The phone eventually went off once more.

theres a party today

At some kid's house

He invited most of our grade and some seniors or whatever

I sighed, rubbing my face for a moment before looking at the phone again. I didn't need this.

Have fun

He responded quickly

Hah no

We're all goin so are you

I said I was sick

And what are you gonna do, I responded, raising my eyebrows even though he couldn't see my face or register my reaction.

See you there

I didn't try responding, mostly due to the fact that I had nothing to say. I didn't want to go to a dumb party, especially on the day some kids in my grade lie on me. Those same kids would probably be there. I thought of going out, to the store or something, then remembered the half assembled longboard sitting in my room. The wheels and such, which it needed, were still downstairs, where Melodie currently resided. I let out a loud sigh before exiting the room and walking down the stairs.