Chapter 1

"Tori!" I can hear my grandma yell from downstairs. "Wake up, I don't want you to be late for your first day of high school !". Instead of actually getting up I snuggle into my pillow and get into a comfortable spot, but since this freaking world hates me this happens. 'THRIIINGGGG' 'THRIIINNNNG' "DRIINNNG' my stupid alarm clock decides to go off. I stretch out my hand and reach towards the stupid alarm that's planted on my beds headboard and silence the damn thing. After a few seconds I am finally fully awake and glance towards the clock "Kya!! 5:00 a.m. !! Why so early!?!?" I exclaim as little rivers pour down from my chocolatey brown eyes. I quickly shower, brush my teeth, slip on my Nishiura High School uniform, and leave my long charcoal colored hair down. "Ohayou grandma" I say as I enter the kitchen. "Ohayou Tori-chan. Here your breakfast is ready." She says with a closed eyed smile. " Thank you for the food!" I say as I clapped my hands together. By the time I finished breakfast it was already 8:00 am. I grabbed my backpack and sports bag, and checked to see if I were missing anything. Once I made sure I had everything I slipped on my black shoes and headed out. The walk to school wasn't that long it was only a ten minute walk from where I lived. The whole time I squealed as I inched closer to the school. " This is it! This is the year I finally get to play baseball! It has to be, I've worked so hard."

FLASHBACK

It was the end of Toris' first day at her new school, Mihoshi Middle School. She had to move schools due to a huge argument she had with her Dad. Her mother wasn't in the picture, she died while giving birth to her first and only child, Tori, and her father blamed her. " It should've been you!" , "I don't love you!", "You're nothing but a disappointment." Was all Tori ever heard from her father, he despised her, this resulting with him just dumping her off with her grandma. She promised herself that she wouldn't let that ruin her last year of middle school.

"Ugh, e-excuse m-me sir, are y-you the c-coach?" Toris' quiet and soft voice asked. "Hm... yes I am, what d'ya want?" A man wearing the middle schools baseball cap and uniform Jersey said sounding annoyed with her. Tori cowered in the man's presence "uh, I-I um w-want to try-" she started but was cut off by the coach. "Well can you hurry up don't you see I have a team who's waiting for me" . This caused all the baseball team members to look at the person who their coach was yelling at, thus making Tori even more nervous. She swallowed a thick lump of saliva and started "MynameisKidzunaTori,andIwanttobeapartof the baseball team!" She stammered. The coach started to laugh along with the baseball team except for a blonde haired player. Their laughs started to get harder and louder causing Tori to nervously laugh along with them as she scratched the back of her head. "Oh that was a good one" the coach said finally settling down "You've got to be kidding right?". Tori looked straight into the coaches eyes in all seriousness. "Wait you're serious..." the coach said as realization finally hit him. One of the players finally spoke up, judging by his equipment he was obviously the catcher "Listen up! We might have lost every game for the past two years but there is no way we'd ever put a girl on the team. You're probably no better than him." He said as he pointed an accusing finger towards the blonde boy on the pitchers mound. Tori and the blonde pitcher locked eyes and all she could see were his eyes overflowing with tears much like her own before he looked down to the ground. "So why don't ya go run along with the softball team" the catcher finally finished. "H-Hai." Was all Tori could say. "I-I'll practice until I can play in a baseball team, no matter what!" She determinedly whispered to herself as she went to look for the softball team.

END OF FLASHBACK

Tori was pulled out of that horrible memory when she bumped into something, better yet someone. A grunt escaped her lips as all her things fell to the ground along with the other persons items. "I'm really sorry I wasn't paying attention." She said looking up at the boy with a sheepish smile. "It's okay really don't worry about it." The boy said as his cheeks slowly flushed pink once he finally got a look at the girl. "I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" The boy asked trying to start a conversation with the girl as he helped her gather her stuff. "Yeah I just moved in a few weeks ago, my name's Kidzuna Tori, but please just call me Tori." "By your first name!?" The boy asked a bit embarrassed. "Yeah haha I don't like my last name so I just ask if you can please call me by Tori." "Oh well hi Tori! It's nice to meet you " The boy beamed "My name is Tajima Yuuichirou." " Nice meeting you too Tajima." Tori replied in an amused tone with a closed eyed smile. "Haha sooo what's your schedule? Maybe we have some of the same classes." Tajima mentioned. Tori slipped out her schedule and handed it to Tajima who examined it for a few seconds. "Aww I only have you for first period all the other periods are different" Tajima finally said. "Aww, well lets get going yeah, we don't want to be late on the first day." Tori said. Tajima hummed in agreement and handed Tori her schedule back "Let's go. I'll show you where our class is ."