Picture Perfect Memories (Nakahara Chuuya)

Start from the beginning

"That's not what I meant..." he mumbled, still holding onto your hand tightly.

After kindergarten was finally over for the day, and he walked home alone until he heard silent weeping sounds coming from the distance. There was a small figure standing by a tree a few walks down and when Chuuya squinted his eyes to see who that was, he realized it was you crying. He dropped his backpack immediately and sprinted his way towards you. You were just standing there, sobbing quietly into your hands.

"(F/N), (F/N)! What's wrong??" he stood in front of you, with his hands on your shoulders with a worried look on his face.

"M-My stuff... I-It's up on the tree..." you sniffed as you lifted your head off your hands and pointed to the tree. Chuuya looked back and there was your back pack along with your lunch bag hung high up on the branches.

Chuuya felt his anger rise up. "Tell me who did this? What kind of a stupid person would do this to you??"

"It's probably the three girls from r-recess... They've been bullying me after recess too..."

"Why didn't you tell me that??"

You looked at his ocean blue eyes and blinked your tears away. "Because I didn't want you to worry about me!"

Chuuya looked at you, stunned. He didn't know that you would think of him and be thoughtful towards him. "You wait right here. Stay still and don't move." Chuuya rushed to the tree and started to climb it.

"C-Chuuya kun! You're going to get hurt! Come down here!" you yelled from the bottom.

"Don't worry! I almost got it!" he announced as he reached to the branch your backpack and your lunch box was hanging from it. He slowly moved on the branch like a sloth, dangling upside down.

"A-Almost there... I got it..." he whispered as when he tried to reach for the backpack, his feet slipped from the branch. Now he was hanging down from the branch like it was a monkey bar.

"Chuuya kun!! Be careful!!" you gasped, trying to climb the tree too.

"No! Don't climb the tree! I don't want you getting hurt! Plus, I'm almost there." he swayed his body and moved his hands as he inched closer and closer to the backpack. Suddenly, he felt a sting on his hand from the branch.

"Ouch!" he yelped as his hands slipped from the branch, making the branch bounce up and down and luckily, the backpack fell along with him. He hit flat on the grass as he sat up and rubbed his head.

"Chuuya kun!! Are you ok?!" you rushed towards him, worried. You took his hand to see it was cut and were bleeding slightly from the bark.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine. I landed on the grass so it shouldn't be a big deal." he shrugged, trying to mimic you from before.

"I was worried sick! I thought, 'what if Chuuya kun got in a really bad injury because of me?'!" you cried some more.

"H-Hey. It's ok, don't cry..." he tried to calm you down, but you were a crybaby so you continued to sob. "I got an idea!" he ran back to grab his backpack and set it between you two. He pulled out a couple of flower like things from his backpack.

"This is a lily bouquet I made during art class. The art teacher told us to make something for someone who's special to you..." he pressed it onto your hands. There were two handmade lilies out of colored construction paper with a pink bow tied together.

"And I thought of you..." he blushed as he averted his gaze away from you, rubbing the back of his head.

You looked at the flowers Chuuya made for you and your tears instantly disappeared and was replaced by a bright smile. "Thank you so much, Chuuya kun! This is so sweet, I love it!" you pounced on him and gave him a big bear hug. Chuuya bloomed intensely from the sudden hug, but he loved it anyways.

"This will be our promise ring." Chuuya said proudly.

"Promise ring? What's that?" you tilted your head to the side, perplexed.

"I told big sis about you and she said I should give you a promise ring. It's a promise that we'll marry in the future. I was going to make a ring for you, but I thought a flower would be better..." Chuuya explained.

You contemplated about this so called, 'promise ring'. And of course, since you didn't even know what marriage was as a 5 year old, you accepted it.

"Sounds cool! Let's get married when we grow older!"

"We sounded so dumb as kids, right Chuuya?" you chuckled as the shorter male blushed furiously. You two were finally 22 now, grown adults. Chuuya and you were tighter than ever going back to when you two just met. You two worked side by side as partners and crime. You and Chuuya were having a peaceful night walk around Yokohama and the two of you were walking down the memory lane, laughing and talking about how cute but dumb kids were back then.

"I can't believe I didn't know what marriage fully meant as a kid... It's so embarrassing that big sis told me that I should give you a promise ring so easily..." Chuuya shook his head in embarrassment.

"But you were so cute when you were little! Saying stuff like, 'Don't touch (F/N).' or 'I don't want you to get hurt!'!" you mimicked his voice, trying to act it out.

"I was! I seriously didn't want you to get hurt!" Chuuya spoke, puffing out his cheeks.

You laughed off. "Alright, alright. I'm done teasing you. Hey-" you stopped in your tracks to find a familiar tree in front of you.

"Won't you look at that? Isn't that the same tree when I helped you get your backpack off the branches?" Chuuya recalled.

"You mean you 'tried' and failed??" you giggled, making him slightly mad.

"W-Whatever... Here, let's sit down." he took your hand and made you sit beside the tree. You sighed happily as you leaned on his shoulder while he kissed your dome. You two sat there quietly, listening to each other's heartbeats when Chuuya spoke.

"(F/N)?" Chuuya spoke quietly.

You looked up at him. "Yes, Chuuya?"

"I'm glad I met you. You were everything to me." Chuuya smiled to himself as he took our hand to make you stand back up.

"Chuuya, what are you-" you suddenly gasped when he knelt down and pulled a small black box and opened it, revealing a expensive, glittering ring that was glistening in the moonlight. He looked deep into your eyes with full of passion and delivered those 4 powerful words:

"Will you marry me?"

"YES!"

        ♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

I love little Chuuya, he's so adorable! I actually got inspired by a fanart of Kouyou and little Chuuya hiding behind her, it was so cute :3

And I promise that I'll go back to writing requests again!

Hope you enjoyed this one-shot~(。・ω・。)