Chapter 3

After helping my mom in the kitchen, (she babysits a little kid named Shawn, and he got into some baked beans when I was "watching him" and left me a little present: Smeared baked beans and baby spit all over the kitchen counters. Of course a three year old is not held responsible for this, so I had to clean the whole kitchen!) I called Ally and got her to come for a walk with me.

When I heard a knock at my door, I got up and ran to it. "Hey Ally!' I said as I opened it. But to my surprise, David Newman stood 3 feet away from me on my front door step.

He smiled. "New nickname for me?' I glared at him, "What do you want, booger?' I tried to keep a mad face, but couldn't help but snicker after my last comment.

He cocked his head and stepped in my house, closing the door behind him. He looked at me smiling, I was smiling as well, but when I looked out the window I realized that we were alone. I started getting nervous and freaking out inside, since I hated being left alone at home with high school boys, you never know whats going through there heads! And now I was in my house, without my mom or Ally, standing right in front of David, the popular guy at school.

He started walking towards me, and I was about to hall off and punch him in the chest, but he walked right past me to the couch. I looked at the door funny, and then turned towards him with my hands on my hips. Mt mom wasn't home so I was the boss, and I wasn't gonna let him just walk in like he owned the place.

"I believe I asked you what you wanted!' I said. He looked at me. "Oh...um yeah, can we talk?' he said looking at the floor. When I didn't respond, he looked up and patted the part of the couch beside him. Gesturing for me to sit. I sighed, rolling me eyes and plopped down beside him.

"What is it Newman?" I asked. He stayed silent for a moment, continuing his staring contest with my floor. "Um, look. I am really sorry about this morning! You know you mean a lot to me, and we have been friends forever!' He looked at me, and I could see truthfulness in his eyes. He meant what he was saying.

"I wouldn't want to screw our friendship up, over me being a dummy!" He said and smiled, but then seemed to remember something, and looked back down. "And besides...I was asking you on a date! I just didn't know what to say when you turned me down so harshly." He looked up smiling sadly.

Being one hundred percent honest with you, that was shocking. I mean I always understood why David is popular, he is nice, athletic, honest, pretty smart and knows how to treat a girl right. He isn't just one of those stupid guys, who are popular because they are jerks, and he is awesome. But asking me on a date? Wow.

I stared at him wide mouthed. He noticed and added, "We would just be going as friends though, it wouldn't mean anything in the long run."

Okay that hurt a little. I closed my mouth, and nodded frowning. He put one finger under my chin, and gently directed my eyes up, forcing me to look into his. Man his eyes are adorable, they are so big. "Don't get me wrong! You are beautiful, funny, smart and perfect. Any guy would be lucky to date you, I just know you would never date me, and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship anyway! Please don't feel bad, it was only a friendship date because I love you too much to lose you."

Butterflies fluttered into my stomach again. I leaned in and kissed David on the cheek. "Thank you David, you are a true classic. I will always love you, and I don't want to ever lose you either. That is the only reason I wouldn't date you! Because I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship."

I gave him a hug, and I could feel him rest his chin on my head. He kissed the top of my head, which brought an uncontrollable smile to my lips.

Just then Ally barged in. "Hey Cinder, sorry I'm late, my mom nee...." she looked over at us as we were hugging and David was kissing my head. "Oh...I didn't know you had company, we can go for our walk later..or something." She said awkwardly. I jumped at the sound of her voice, and fell off the couch landing face first on the floor. "Ow" I said.

They both ran over and helped me up. "I'm fine, I'm fine." I said rubbing my head were a bump would be later. "Well I think it's time for me to leave, I will talk to you later Cinder Block! Hope your head is okay, um...see you later Ally." David said, and left.

Ally looked at me as I went to the kitchen to grab some ice.

"What was that about?" she asked. "Nothing." I answered, resting an ice bag on my head. She wouldn't take nothing for an answer, so I explained to her the whole thing starting from this morning, up until she walked in my house when me and David were hugging.

She was a good listener, but in the end: "Awwww! That's adorable. He really likes you! Do you like him? I thought you two were just good friends. This is amazing, Oh my gosh, you and the popular kid in school! Eeeee!" She squealed.

"No! We are just friends, and I don't like him that way, and I don't think what he said meant he likes me that way either! We are just great friends, and it will always be that way. Now can we go for our walk?"

She looked a little disappointed. "Oh too bad, I was already working on your couple name: Davinder! Alright girl, lets get moving before he comes back and proposes to you." She smiled and started making kissing faces teasingly. "Hey!' I threw a pillow at her playfully, and we started laughing.

Just then there was a knock on the door, I looked at her and she shrugged. As I walked to the door, I actually started considering the whole proposal thing. I opened the door, and there stood a very wet Jason. I didn't even notice it started raining! "Hi, can I come in?" Jason said, smiling shyly.

I hope you guys like this chapter, there is more to come! Sorry about how long it took to update. You guys are the best, I hope you continue reading!

I edited this chapter the best I could, if there are any mistakes, I am sorry about them!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! And pm me guys, I love your questions, and would love to get to know you better! ;D Thanks for reading!

Oh and I'd like to send a special shout out to my friend mrb2000, you are the best Mabo! And also my friend Lacey, you guys are da bomb!

Love you all!