Dax (2) (Edited)

Dax walked the streets alone, a usual occurrence for him and something that he had grown used to. The only person Dax ever connected with was his sister, Devony, but she was off for the weekend, doing her own thing with her friends.

Dax’s tall, lanky body made him awkward enough, without adding the fact that his hair was longer than most girls’ were. Why he never cut it, he was not sure, maybe it was because everyone told him to cut it, or maybe because he wanted to turn more people’s attention away from him, but he did not have a real answer.

                He shoved his hands in his pockets and hunched over slightly, trying to look as invisible as possible. Sure, he could stay home, but the house felt much too empty without Dev, and he preferred the cool air. Dev was the perfect child, sweet, beautiful, straight A girl, head cheer leader, class president and she would have graduated top of her class, if it had not been for what happened half way through her senior year. Maybe the stress had gotten to her, the pressure of being the best, but whatever it had been when Devony turned eighteen, she showed her first signs of her disorder, now diagnosed as schizophrenia. She saw things that were not there, she was paranoid of too many things and she kept warning Dax of her, whoever she was. She was on medication now, and she was under control and much happier, if not a bit distant.

                Dax was absorbed in his thoughts of his sister, so he did not hear the sounds until he was at the mouth of an alley.

                “Touch my little sister, will you?” A female yelled, and a sound of pain followed. Dax looked down the alley to see what looked to be four girls, ganging up on one. One of the girls picked the victim up by her hair and kneed her in the face.

                “What the fuck do you think you are doing?!” Dax yelled, making his way down the alley. There was no way he was going to let these girls team up on the one, it did not matter that he did not know any of the girls. As he stormed down the alley, he realized that the four standing women were beyond beautiful.

                “This isn’t any of your business.” The smallest, only blonde one said, turning her attention to him. Her voice was beautiful, making Dax think she would be an amazing singer. The blonde-haired woman seemed like she expected something from Dax, so when he turned and snapped at her, she looked beyond shocked.

                “This is my business when you are ganging up on this poor girl!” He growled, walking past the small girl and towards the other women.

                “She is the one who started it, by trying to beat my sister up.” The one who had kneed the girl in the face said, speaking just like the blonde, with a some-what memorizing voice, but Dax knew better than to fall for that pretty girl act. Women were just vicious creatures out for blood, the only girl he would ever care for would be Dev, and he had learned the hard way what women were capable of. However, he would still defend one if she were being attacked.

                “So you think it’s ok for all four of you to gang up on her? That is some fucked up logic.” He retorted, looking past the red head, and to the woman on the ground.

                “It is her that started off unfair.” The one who looked the most whore-ish of the group said, making Dax meet eyes with her. Something about her eyes drew him in, just like their voices. These women seemed like demons from another world, with their bewitching voices and tempting eyes.

                “And how is that?” Dax said, shaking his head and crossing his arms, making sure he did not fall under the woman’s spell.