Nym (1) (Edited)

Nym watched as her sisters fretted around, trying to figure out what to wear for tonight, what would be the perfect article of clothing that would lure the best of men to them. Each sister was beautiful; Kalon with her coppery hair and eyes that looked like spring had come alive in her iris; Bayle with her hair that looked as if it were formed in darkness and eyes so brown that one would be reminded of that strange drink humans loved so much—coffee; and Fayre with her golden hair and eyes that reminded Nym of the times of harvest, golden to match the wheat, but also as green as the weeds spreading through the garden. But it was Nym, the eldest who drew the most attention. Her hair the color of rich soil, her skin smooth and alabaster but  her eyes stood out the most, the over confident white-blue, so bright they looked like ice, white with blue cracks in them. Nym, as the eldest, received whatever she demanded, and she was very selfish so she demanded a lot.

                Her sisters practiced their voice, their pitch that drew the men in, one of the few things that made men drop their walls, and hand their souls over to the sisters. Nym thought that after thousands of years of stealing the souls of men, her sisters would have the voice down. She reached into the closet, pulling out a royal purple dress that was both sexual and classy, because for Nym did not like to look like the adulteress she truly was, that was more of Bayle’s choice of clothing. Fayre preferred to play on her innocent look, pulling in the men with her “lost lamb” look. Kalon preferred the more cheerful, or “preppy” as the humans call it, look.

'               Nym slid on her black, velvet three-inch stilettos while her sisters added the last touches to their hair and make-up. Bayle was wearing a white dress that left little to the imagination, with white four-inch stilettos to match. Fayre had on blue, one sleeve dress that reached her mid-thighs and revealed just enough of her chest to show that she was interested, but she was no free meal, and white two-inch heels. Kalon had on some strange gold shorts, with a black shirt that dipped low in the front and the back, with large hoop earrings and black ankle boots.

                “Are you ready?” Nym asked, her melodious voice echoing through the house, which had been “given” to them by one of Nym’s favorite prey, a man in his late forties who had worked for everything he did, who had been a faithful husband and did everything he was supposed to, well, until he met Nym.

                The sisters nodded in unison and they headed out the door, each heading to her respective cars. Usually, each Siren went to her own club, to draw in her own prey and then she would head back to the house, but a new club opened and each wanted to visit it, also the fact that Fayre was being hunted by a venomous human girl who was less than happy about Fayre taking her man, Nym did not want to leave her youngest sister alone.

                Nym thought to herself as she drove her Porsche Cayman through the busy town. She was tired of having her men handed to her so easily, it had been centuries since she has faced a challenge and she thought it was time to end that streak, because what is a meal worth if you didn't earn it? Although with  her looks alone Nym had already earned enough meals, she wanted to prove to her sisters that she was just as capable to lure a male in with something other than her looks. She pulled her car into a parking spot and stepped out of, causing heads to look in her direction. She paid no mind to the gawkers, whether it be for her or her car, and she looked for her sisters, knowing that she had arrived later than them because she had decided to go sight-seeing. She found Bayle quickly, already chatting away with some human male. Kalon was enjoying herself on the dance floor; her body close to a man’s and her lips were already whispering empty promises. It was when she could not find Fayre that she grew concerned for her youngest sister, knowing that she had a strange habit of getting herself into trouble. Nym went out the back door, leading to a dark and damp alleyway, and found her younger sister being hit by a tall human female.