"Aiko, hey." He said.

"Hey."

"You know you're in the wrong classroom, right? I'm next door."

"Yes. I-I was just asking Mr. Moore if he had an extra copy of the book we're reading." I trailed.

"Aiko." He sounded disappointed.

"I know." I laughed nervously.

"You gotta be mine careful. Second time." He said handing me a book out his bag.

"Got you." I whispered.

The bell rung and my teacher left. I looked at Damari who was reading something in his folder. "You coming to class?" My teacher asked coming back in.

"Oh. Yeah." I said walking next door.

Damn. Was this going to be hard.

***

"Damari!" I called after him.

"What?" He answered but he kept walking.

"Damari."

"Aiko. You can't call me that." He said stopping.

"Why are you acting like you did something wrong?" I questioned.

"Because I did. You know the shit I'll be in if anyone found out? I'll loose my job-"

"Okay. Like Im going to say anything and your not that older than me. So chill."

He looked at me crazy. "Try six years Aiko. I'm twenty three. You're what seventeen?"

"Yeah." I trailed and he sighed.

"I get it. Nothing can happen between us, but we still felt what we felt, right?" I looked at him but he didn't say anything.

"I mean didn't you? Feel something?"

"What happened that night was a mistake." He stated. "I didn't feel anything."

I watched him get into his car and drive out the school parking lot. Moments later my dad pulled up. "We got to get you a car. I'm tired of drivin' you everywhea'. Whatchu' think?"

"Yeah. Let's do it." I half smiled, looking out the window.

We were at a luxury car dealer shopping around for a car. I was there but my mind was somewhere else. I watched as my dad stood off taking a phone call. He looked at me with disappointment and slight angry.

I furrowed my eyebrows tuning out the dealer as he talked about the 2016 Jeep Wrangler. "Hey could you give us one second to look."

"Oh yes. I'll just be right over there if you need anything." He pointed.

I nodded and continued to study my dad's facial expressions. I seen him slide his phone back in his pocket and walk towards me. "Dat was ya principle. She said ya flunking."