That's when a memory popped in my head. His blue eyes, his smiling face, his long, shaggy blonde hair falling into my eyes as he helped me off the juice box his younger brother had pushed me on. I remember tears rolling down my eyes as I looked at the boy, who was almost five years older than me, and he told me everything would be alright.

"Noah Ravenswood." I bowed my head again, but he uncrossed his arms and put two fingers under my chin to pull my face back up to his. I tried to keep from blushing again, but it didn't work, as his alpha power had such an effect on me. He was sexy and powerful, and yet so sweet and nice when he needed to be. It was so alluring, and I have no idea how he could be Casey's brother. Casey... who was powerful, but it was undeniably cocky.

"It is you. Sad to hear the news about your parents." Noah's sad smile seemed genuine, and my blush fell from my face as I nodded back. His hand trailed down my neck to my collarbone, and he ran his fingers across my chest to my other side, where my neck met with my shoulder. I blushed in embarrassment.

But it wasn't as embarrassing as when he lowered his face to the spot his hand was just at, while his fingers held onto my left wrist and followed the electric blue outline of the howling wolf. Noah's nose sniffed me once, twice, and then he brushed his lips lightly over the crook in my neck, making me blush again and my eyes flutter shut.

"I have a bad feeling about this." He muttered into my neck, referring to the electric blue of my tattoo. Noah's voice sent shivered through my body, and I couldn't stop feeling embarrassed.

"And I think you should stop doing that." I whispered, causing him to chuckle. I groaned. He really did need to stop that.

"I think, Miss O'Conner, you should be careful how to speak to me." The alpha in his voice took over, and sent a whole new wave of heat down my spine and in my stomach. The way his voice could make me bite my tongue, the way his touch sent excitement all through me. It was embarrassing, but also so irritating that he could so easily control me.

"Stop." I pushed Noah slightly, who looked at me confused. I bit my lip, and then pulled my wrist from his hand, holding it in his face. "You may have the amazingly blue eyes..." my voice filled with sadness "but you aren't my mate Noah. It's not appropriate, and for our mate's sakes, not right or respectful. So stop using your Alpha power on me."

Noah nodded, running a hand through his hair. I didn't know what his intentions had been, but maybe he was just as confused as me, as he had the electric eyes, but I didn't have the soft lime ones. Maybe he felt it was close enough, and he was tired of waiting, but I needed him to know that I wasn't done waiting for my mate.

"Sorry, but..." Noah sighed. "I just... it's hard, you know? Me and Casey are both looking for our mates, and if we don't find ours soon, then dad passes his Alpha status to someone else. Without a mate, we are barely anything. I'm sorry. I'm just stressed, is all."

"I understand." I told him sincerely, smiling at him as I put my hand on his arm. He looked at it as if it was foreign, but no shocks or jolts came. "But we aren't mates."

"Sorry, again." Noah smiled, and then a thought came to his head. "When is your Allegiance Ceremony?"

"Tomorrow night," I responded without thinking, my voice dry. It was the night I, officially, had to become a part of the Ravenswood pack and I get to answer to the Ravenswood family, even Casey, and listen to their thoughts and their every request.

"Great," he said, turning to walk back into the cover of the trees. "I'll talk to you about this more tomorrow night then!"

"Wait!" I yelled to him. "Talk about what?"