[Chapter Four: Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place]

"What's the Order of the -?" Harry began.

"Not here, boy!" snarled Moody. "Wait till we're inside!"

I couldn't quite understand why we had to be quiet. We were in the middle of nowhere with nothing but an occasional muggle.

Moody pulled the piece of parchment out of Harry's hand and set fire to it with his wand-tip. As the message curled into flames and floated to the ground, I looked around at the houses again. We were standing outside number eleven; I looked to the left and saw number ten; to the right, however, was number thirteen.

"Harry, do you see a number twelve?" I whispered in his ear. He shook his head no.

"Can't say I do. That's rather peculiar, isn't it?"

"Think about what you've just memorized," said Lupin quietly, obviously having heard mine and Harry's small exchange.

I began thinking of the address, not understanding the need to. The address had been simple enough. Just as I was at the word 'Grimmauld', a battered door emerged out of nowhere between numbers eleven and thirteen, followed swiftly by dirty walls and grimy windows. It was as though an extra house had inflated, pushing those on either side out of its way. I gaped at it. The stereo in number eleven thudded on. Apparently the Muggles inside hadn't felt anything.

"Come on, hurry," growled Moody, prodding Harry and I both in the backs.

We walked up the worn stone steps, staring at the newly materialized door. Its black paint was shabby and scratched. The silver doorknocker was in the form of a twisted serpent. There was no keyhole or letterbox. I looked at it curiously, almost questioning its existence.

Lupin pulled out his wand and tapped the door once. There were many loud, metallic clicks and what sounded like the clatter of a chain. The door creaked open slowly, giving me a small panic attack. You would think, as long as I've been around magic, I would be used to this sort of thing, but I just wasn't.

"Get in quick," Lupin whispered, "but don't go too far inside and don't touch anything."