Chapter 1- Criminalz

CHAPTER 1- Criminalz

Author POV

"Go"

"Go"

"Go shorty"

"It's your birthday"

"We gonna Party like it's your birthday"

"We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

"and you know we don't give a fuck cause it's your birthday"- 50 cents - In Da Club, boomed through "VOILA'S" (Paris's hottest night club) speakers. Tonight was a very special night for Truce. Not only was her crew (Criminalz crew) battling tonight for a major prize, but also tonight was her 21st birthday and 1st club experience. Her and her best friend Nala were the only ladies of the notorious dance group along with (at the time) semi-famous dance duo Les Twins. Tonight's Battle and reward was far more important to the crew than any other battle.

If they won, they would have the chance to win a free trip to the states to compete in the greatest dance battles with dancers from all over the world at WOD (World of Dance). So far all members were on time and ready except Laurent and Larry (Les twins) as usual.

"Nala do you see them?" Truce asked while looking around for any sight of the twin's signature afros. She figured at their height of 6'4 they shouldn't be hard to stand out amongst the crowd.

"No but don't worry for that, here (passing Truce her cup) drink this and calm down. Remember tonight is also your special night too, finally you get to be up in the club with me boo." Nala screamed over the music while two-stepping to the beat. Truce took a healthy gulp without warning and almost spit the content back at Nala, but somehow manage to swallow the burning liquid. Nala let out a chuckle as she patted Truce back as she bent down to catch her breath.

"Merde, you were supposed to sip it Truce. Nala Laughed. I forget my boo is still a newbie sometimes."

"Je vais te tuer (I'm going to kill you) Na." Truce managed to cough out causing Nala to laugh harder.

"You going to kill who?" said a familiar heavenly voice. Truce stood up and turned around to face her best friend (and secret crush) Laurent (Lau). Behind him stood his mirror twin Larry and Larry's girlfriend/ daughter's mother Lylah.

"Lauuuuuuu" Truce sang as she wrapped her arms around Lau neck and kissed his cheek.

"Bonjour mon amour (Hello my love)." Lau chuckled his reply while wrapping his arms around her waist completing their hug and kissing her forehead. Truce pulled away just enough for them to stare into each other eyes. Staring at each other had now become a regular thing for these two, somewhat like a secret conversation that only they understood. If one didn't know them personally it was easy to assume that they were a young couple in love.

But unfortunately as circumstances have it, they were merely best friends, actually more like big brother and little sister. Though Truce yearned for more the older she got, Lau wouldn't allow it. After what seem about 30sec of starring at each other Larry cleared his throat in order to snap the two back to reality. After a blink or two Lau went on to hug Nala and Truce went on to hug and greet Larry and Lylah.

"Larry mon amour (my love) you made it, we are sure to win now" Truce sang while flipping from French to English. Truth was she was a bit shock to see Larry, he hadn't really danced with the crew as much ever since taking on another Chef's position following the birth of Lilo. Some of the crew blamed Lylah for Larry's actions, saying that she put pressure on him to slow his career down to help take care of Lilo after she took a break from her music career. Some blamed the twin's Maman, she urged them to get a job and expressed strong opinion about dance not being a real way to support themselves. Whatever the case may be one thing was for certain Lau wasn't too fond of Lylah, especially after the scandal scare of who was the actual father of Lilo (to be continued later).