Karma

Colt's POV

After practice I drove to the old park and looked around. This place was definitely old. There was only a swing, teeter totter and a merry go round. I didn't see Shane so I parked and waited.

"Where are you two?" Dad asked through mind link.

"He's not here." I said.

"Maybe he changed his mind." Dad said.

"I don't think so. Something is off. He was so excited when he read that email." I said.

"Do you know where he lives?" dad asked.

"I think so. I'll drive by and see." I said not wanting him to know Courtney, Geo and I were outside his house last night. Dad would flip.

I started my car and drove slowly towards his house. I watched for him in the woods and the road but didn't see him. I didn't see any cars in the drive so I pulled in and got out. I had a creepy feeling walking to the door and it seemed to get worse when I knocked.

"What?" a guy that kind of looked like Shane said when he opened the door. I instantly smelled cleaning supplies an blood.

"Is Shane here?" I asked.

"Are you his boyfriend or something?" he asked in a not so friendly way.

"No I am his partner in science and the teacher said I had to come over to his house and get started because I was gone for a few days." I said making up a lie as I went.

"He never came home. He lied. I could smell Shane.

"I know he did my sister walked with him she was supposed to wait for me." I said that made him nervous. Shane was here and something bad had happened to him.

"He never came home." the guy yelled before slamming the door in my face.

"Dad something is wrong. Really wrong. Some guy I think is Shane's dad answered the door and I smelled blood, cleaning supplies and Shane." I said.

"We are in our way. Uncle Kent is coming in his cruiser." He said. So he must have believed me when I said something was off. Thank the Goddess.

Hey kid what's up?" uncle Kent asked. I told him everything. And he went to the door looking for a very safe at he Courtney. Uncle Kent was a cop and werewolf so when we have a situation that is werewolf related he takes care of it off the record unless he has to report it.

Geo and I just peaked in his window and he's in there hurt bad. I don't know if he's alive." Corty said crying through mind link.

"Uncle Kent will get him." I said.

"I know where he keeps his stuff and how to get in the house undetected." Geo said.

"Get what you can without being seen he's not coming back here." pops said now standing next to me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." he said.

"There is blood everywhere I don't think I can cover this guys." uncle Kent said.

"We will just knock the dad out an get the boy. Geo get all his shit. Corty write a note saying he's staying with us and Colt call doc Beans and have him ready." Dad said.

We all got to work and soon we were in our way with a barely breathing Shane and a very up set pops and Corty. Doc Beans was waiting for us and took Shane away making us all stay away.

"This is so messed up." Geo said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Not only was he getting it from us he was also getting abused at home. I feel like trash no less then trash I don't even know what but it's bad." he said sadly.

"Yeah same here. Couty tried to tell my dumb ass." I said as we all waited to here from Doc.

"I found his mom and we have come to an agreement I don't press charges an she signs him over to us." dad said.

"Where was she?" I asked.

"In a spa resort about an hour away. She was heading home to check on her husband and to convince him not to press charges and to be here tomorrow to sign the papers. If they don't I told her I would make the pictures I have public." Dad said.

"Do you have pictures?" I asked.

"Kent found a video camera in the house that recorded the whole thing." Dad said shaking his head.

"Did you watch it?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. and no your not. It's not for anyone to see it's bad and it is private." he said his voice cracking a little. It had to be bad to upset dad.

"Alpha Cooper, I have him stable but not awake. He has a lot of broken bones and some old ones that I reset. He needs a couple days in lala land before we wake him up. He'll live but but it was close." Doc Beans said.

"Thank you keep me posted." Dad said before he ushered us out of the hospital/ doctors office.

"I think I'm going to check on Pops." I said.

"I'm going to check the ranch and let everyone know we have a human here and I'll be home." dad said squeezing my shoulders.

Him and Corty and Geo went one way and I headed for the house where Pops was. He hates this kind of thing because it reminds him of what happened to him.

"Hey Pops, Shane is going to be alright. Doc's keeping him a sleep for a bit because this pain levels would shoot through the roof if he could feel it. But in a few days he'll be a wake." Unsaid sitting next to Pops on on the porch.

"I don't understand the hate. I don't get it at all. I've been where he's at and hell never be okay. It will always be with him." Pops said.

"Maybe he will find someone like you did and it will help with the pain." I said.

"That boy is a strong top so he will need a strong bottom that's for sure. Someone to challenge him." Pops said chuckling.

"I don't even know what that means." I said shaking my head.

"Shane is a lot like your dad." he said smirking.

"Oh so he will be the guy in his relationship." I said earning a slap.

"I'll have you know I can top your dad anytime I want. But I swear I get the best position." Pops said making me plug my ears.

"Lalalalala can't hear you." I said making him laugh.

"I've miss this so much. Thank you, I love you Colt." He said hugging me.

"I love you too, daddy." I said hugging him tighter.

"Oh man your going to make me cry." he said breathing in my scent. He told me a long time ago that it helped him stay calm when he was upset.

"I think it's this day. I'm ready to get it over with and start tomorrow off." I said.

"Yes birthday boy I'm sure you are. By the way your presents came in the mail today. I can't wait to see what we got you." he said. Shit.

"I'm so sorry. You can have them for Corty. I really don't deserve them." I said honestly.

"We'll see once you open them." He said.

"Night pops." I said kissing his forehead and hugging him one more time before I headed to my room. I had forgot all about my birthday.

I didn't sleep very well because I kept picturing Shane's bloody body and it hurt me. My wolf howled out. To say I was overly tired was an understatement.

"Happy birthday baby boy." pops said handing me a big plate of bacon and sausage. I was all about the meat.

"Thanks." I said with a yawn.

"Hard time sleeping?" he asked.

"I kept seeing Shane and my wolf howled in pain." I said yawning again. Pops froze but continues. I wonder why.

"Well you still need to go to school at least to see if your mate is there." He said.

"Yeah I was thinking about coming home around noon if not and taking Tipper for a ride. I haven't been out on him since before my time with Yellow Eyes." I said sighing.

"Sounds good I'll make you and your dad a good lunch before I head to see Shane and get to work." He said.

"I'll go see Shane with you." i said.

"Okay but I might already be gone when you come back. I have a lot to do today. We have trailers coming in with new beef stock and some leaving with sold colts and mares." He said.

"Okay maybe I'll see you with Shane if not I will find you somewhere I said before kissing his forehead and heading out the door.

All day at school I waited for a scent to capture me but it didn't so by time I left I was a bit pissed. But didn't want to ruin my day. So I headed home. Dad was just sitting down when I walked in.

"Happy birthday bud." he said smiling at me.

"Thanks, what did pops make for us?" I asked.

"Steak, tatoes and corn." he said grinning from ear to ear.

"That's your favorite this was post to be my favorite." I whined.

"Um your 18 now not 2." dad said making us both laugh.

We sat and ate. I told him about not finding my mate and how I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. He helped me clean up before going to help everyone with the ranch.

I showered and put in work clothes before I headed towards the doctors office where Shane is. It wasn't a long walk but thankfully it was a nice day and I got to be out doors.

"Happy birthday Colt." nurse Helen said as i walked in to the office.

"Thanks, can I see Shane?" I asked.

"Sure, down the hall to your left room 17. He's still asleep but you can still see him." she said. I thanked her and headed in the direction she said.

I made it close to his room when the smell of apples and autumn leaves hit me. It smelled so good. I had to follow it. It lead me right into room ............17. No fucking way. I stopped part of me wanted to turn and leave but the other part of me wanted to run. Karma this is Karma and the Goddess's way of punishing me.