Chapter 3

[sorry this chapter took so long]
The Next Day
Riley POV
Maya came to my house to pick me up as usual and I heard my phone ring
"hey riles ready to go?" Maya said to me as I read my text message.
"yeah in a minute." the message was from Lucas. It said: can I talk to you when you get to school? and I responded: yeah sure be there soon. I hope this isn't a bad thing. after I hit send Maya and I start heading to school. "let's go"

Maya POV
Today I start pretending not to know Lucas. ya know because we're total strangers now. Riles and I start walking to school after she read a text message from someone and replied to it. Once we go through the doors we head for the rest of the gang and someone that I don't know *wink* "hey guys" riles and I said in unison "hey" they said back. "hey Zay who's the new kid?" I said looking at Lucas. "Maya that's Lucas" he said "we were friends since back in Texas" he added. "hahaha is he a cowboy?" I said laughing "Maya you know who I am." Lucas said "I don't think I knew anyone named Lucas until now." I said trying to act confused. "cmon Maya. I'm ranger rick." he said "oh that's a great nickname for you Lucas but I'm not gonna use it." I said. "why not?" he said. "because that seems like something I would do to one of my friends or someone I like ya know?" I said making him understand. "Maya you know who he is you were the one who showed me to him." Riley said looking at me. "uh I don't know what you're talking about riles" I told her. "Maya you taught me how to talk to him!" she said almost screaming at me. "Riley he doesn't know all that!" I said as I started to walk away realizing what I just said. "Maya wait!" Lucas grabbed my arm.

Lucas POV
"Maya wait!" I said while grabbing her arm. "woah Lucas personal space we just met." she said still trying to keep up with the act she was doing. "Maya I need to talk to you right now please." I said trying to convince her. "uh I don't think there's anything to talk about Lucas. what would we even talk about?" she said "just follow me please." I begged once again. "okay I don't see why. but fine." she finally gave in. we walked to an empty hallway.

"so what do you wanna talk about Lucas?" she said pretending like nothing happened. "Maya what are you doing?" I said. "what are you talking about Lucas." she said. "okay fine pretend that I didn't hear what you said but I'm gonna talk to you about it anyways" "uh okay whatever makes you happy I guess..." she said. "first. why?" "what what?" "why didn't you tell me what happened the day on the subway?" I said serious.
"what that Riley fell into your lap? you know that story you were there." she said joking "Maya why didn't you tell me that you pushed her into my lap? I said still serious.
"you wanna know why?" she asked me sounding a bit annoyed "yeah I actually do." I replied. "it's because I put her needs and wants before mines. she needs it way more than me. I was young I thought that you can't break something that's already broken but look where that got me." she said giving me a little lecture. "Maya I didn't know-"   "I know you didn't. that's another reason why I didn't tell you. so you would chose her." "Maya-" and then the bell rang. "sorry don't wanna be late to art." said and walked away

Maya POV
yes saved by the bell!

[i hope that was okay. (comment if it was) thanks for reading and commenting. you guys are great. hopefully I'll get more inspiration to continue this book.]