Chapter 9

Normal Dimension

Everything was calm... Well sorta. Within the Autobot base the team were starting to panic about where Optimus had gone to. Arcee stood near Jack, who was on the platform, with her arms crossed. Bulkhead and Bumblebee had their own charges on their shoulders. Ratchet stood at the computer typing.
"Ratchet what do you mean you don't know where Optimus is?" Arcee asked.
"I don't know where he is at. He only commed in to report that he was going to assist a fellow prime who was in need of help." Ratchet answered.
"But isn't Optimus the last of the primes. The last living prime. Who is this other prime?" Bulkhead questioned.
"I -we won't know until Optimus returns." Ratchet sounded slightly irritated.
"We only just got him back and now he's gone. How are we going to win the war without him?" Arcee huffed.
"If your all so worried about him go and look for him. Maybe then I can get something done to find him!" Ratchet snapped.
Everyone left for different places to look. Ratchet sighed and looked at the computer. "Where are you old friend?"

Shattered glass

Optimus stretch upon awaking. Though the berth was stiff it was a lot softer on the joints compared to what he normally recharged on. Optimus got up and left his temporary room. He walked the halls to the rec room for some energon. His mind though thought about how Solus cut herself off. Something was wrong but Solus didn't tell him anything. Perhaps she didn't know what exactly was wrong.
Optimus sighed and shook his helm to clear his thoughts. "Something troubling you young prime?" Optimus snapped his helm over to see Nexus Prime leaning against a door frame leading to his own room. Optimus nodded and turned towards the older prime. "Want to talk about it?" Nexus motioned inside. Optimus hesitated before following the combiner prime in. Nexus pointed to a seat for Optimus before he took his own. Optimus complied and was immediately unsettled when Nexus leaned in closer to analyze him. He hummed before settling back. "Sorry about yesterday. And about that. Just making sure we didn't damage you." Nexus explained, though Optimus didn't believe him.
"I am functional, but thank you for the concern." Optimus dipped his helm.
"Don't act like that." Nexus stated.
Optimus turned his head to the side with his brow furrowed. "I'm sorry?"
Nexus put his face into his servo. "Sweet Primus, you almost sound and act like Prima. Relax, have some fun, it's not like those things are gonna kill you." Optimus didn't respond right away. "Seriously, relax. I'm sure back home you are more wait less stoic. Come on surely you had help in leading."
"I did." Optimus nodded.
"Well then relax. You don't need to be all up tight." The combiner prime joked.
"I still carried most of the responsibility of leadership, I don't often get a chance to relax." Optimus began adding the second bit more quietly. "Besides most think and see me as the emotionless leader that doesn't understand loss or happiness."
Nexus's optics widened and nearly fell out of his chair upon hearing those mumbled out words from the younger. Was he really the only prime holding the mantle of leadership? Does he really think he needs to behave a certain way and distance himself from others?
"Optimus, here you can relax. The mantle of leadership is shared. Open yourself up. Trust me when I say this, if you bottle up too much of what you feel, you push away the ones you care about and explode when the pressure gets to be too much."
Optimus looked at the prime before him and smiled lightly. "Thank you, Nexus."
"See? That's how you make it easier on yourself." Nexus chuckled.
Optimus's smile widened before thinking of what happen last night. "Nexus, you were close to Solus, weren't you?"
Nexus paused and raised an optical brow. "I'd like to think so. As well as Megatronus, Micronus, Onyx, Alpha, and Ami."
"Amy?" Optimus questioned.
"No Ami. With an 'I', Optimus. It's easier than saying Amalagamous." Nexus made clear.
Optimus made an 'o' expression. "It's how she acted last night." Nexus's eyes widened and he leaned in. "She came to tell me what was happening in my own dimension and how I was doing here. But when she was about to tell what was happening home she grew silent looked in the distance before saying good bye and leaving."
Nexus hummed. "Something must have happened. I don't know what for sure but if it concerned Solus, it should start raising some red flags on what is going on."
"That's what I'm worried about. She didn't tell me anything in regards to it." Optimus sighed.
"Perhaps Alpha has an idea." Nexus suggested. "He's probably at working at his terminal by this time. We can go ask."
"Thank you, Nexus." Optimus nodded and moved to stand.
"No problem. But I have a few questions for you before we go." Nexus chuckled lightly seeing how eager the younger prime was to figure out things.
Optimus shrugged, "alright."
"First off, why would you help us, people you hardly knew about, and leave your team?"
"My team understands that I will help anyone who needs it, even if they do not wish for assistance." Optimus answered readily.
Nexus nodded, " I see. Earlier you mentioned fighting Unicron. I want to know how you resisted his corruption where Optronix fell to it?"
Optimus thought for a moment, "Primus created my spark to be the purest possible light. Able to fight any corruption and stay true to my beliefs. "
"I see," Nexus nods, " your Primus created you with a resistance to the darkness."
"I guess so."
Nexus stands, "then I look forward to the coming days."
Optimus nods and stands as well, " I hope I live out to your expectations."

Normal Dimension

Optronix walks through the portal and smirks as he looks around. "Time to cause some chaos."
"You have a lot of nerve Optronix." Solus appears in front of him with optics narrow. "Walk back through that portal now."
Optronix laughs, "I don't listen to ghosts dear sister."
"You don't listen to anyone." Pulling her weapon and preparing to attack him. "I won't allow this dimension to fall to your delusions."
Optronix transforms his servo into a sword and cannon. "You can't stop me. I'll just kill you again."

Autobot base

Ratchet notices an odd anomaly on the monitor similar to the one Optimus disappeared with. "Is he back?" Rachel calls to the other autobots. "We're investigating this anomaly."
Acree looks at the monitor. "What is it?"
Ratchet setting up the groundbridge. "Optimus disappeared in one similar."
Bulkhead bashes his fists together. "Then what are we waiting for."
Bee buzzes, nodding in agreement.
Ratchet open the groundbridge. "What the?"