chapter !%

I walked into the lobby. The air smelled like hand sanitizer and plastic. My stomach turned from the smell. My sneakers squeaked as I walked to the the front desk. The lady at the desk didnt look up from her computer screen until I cleared my throat.

Without meeting my gaze, she said, "How may I help you?"

"HI. I have a 6:00 apointment for a therapy session in room..."My mind went blank I fummbled in my pockets and pulled out Mom's note. "Room...342."

The lady finally looked up, her huge brown eyes gapping at me. "J-Just sign in." She handed me a clipboard and pen and then walked away to the shelf in the back. I wondered why she was so scared of me as I scribbled down my name onto the paper. Oh yeah. Maybe it's my stitches. I was going to have to get used to stares like that. I looked at the name above mine on the paper. Alexander Brooks. And he's going to the same room as me.

I sighed. There was going to be alot of ackwardness in that room. I hopped onto the elevator and pressed 3. But the elevator stopped on the 2nd floor. A girl stepped into the elevator with me.

She was about my age, wearing light blue. She had dark brown hair, dark eyes, and mocha colored skin like my own. We both walked out of the elevator and into the same room.

The room had nothing but 10 desks in a circle. There was a lady in an elegant chair with a notepad and pen in hand. The theripist. Alex was sitting in the desk next to the door. The ex-boyfriend. The girl from the elevator sat 2 seats aay from him. The girl with a jealousy problem. A muscular dude with fake blond hair sat next to her. I couldn't guess what he was here for. I sat as far away from Alex as possible. The girl that got molested. A guy with scars on his wrist sat next to me. He didn't look sad or anything. He looked completely normal. The guy that was secretly depressed. The room stayed absolutely quit until 6:00 hit.

The theripist stood in the center of the room and said,"Good afternoon. I'm Doctor Smith and this is your first group session here at Roseburg Medical Center. You have been grouped with people in your age group to help you feel more comfortable here. These meeting will help you...let go. It will also give you a better understanding of the people around you. So," she said clapping her hands together to wake everyone up. "First, we're going to go around in a circle and each of you will say your name and your favorite thing." She looked around the room and when she saw me she said,"Isnt it too hot in here for that sweater, dear? Please take it off." Everyone was staring, waiting. My stomach churned. I reluctantly took he sweater off and looked at my hands so I didn't have to stare int everyones gaping eyes. The room stayed quiet until Dr. Smith pointed to the girll from the elevator and said,"You start and we'll move clockwise." The girl sighed before starting.

"Hi. My name is Erika Lopez and I like to dance."

The fake blond went next.

"I'm John Shay and I like sports."

"I'm Alex Brooks and I like hunting."

"I'm Seth Carson and I like music."

"I'm Scarlett Thorn and I like music too."

As soon as Alex heard my name, he stard at me with daggers but after he saw my stitches he looked conserned. I rolled my eyes.

Dr. Smith stood up again and saidthat this time we would tell eachother what we fear the most. Erika's scared of spiders. John is scared of losing. Alex was escarde of being alone and Seth was scared of the same thing. I was scared of Erik. But I didn't say that. I stayed quiet. Everyone was staring again.

"I'm scared of...bad people. Dr. Smith took note if that. Damn. That was a stupid thing to say. Next we had to tell everyone why we were here. She said not to worry because everyone here had a problem.

I found out that...

Erika was anerexic. Josh was addicted to steroids. Alex had anger management isssues (of course). Seth had a cutting problem. I took a deep breath and said that I got molested. Alex bursted. "What?! By who?!" My eyes widened. He got out of his desk and started towards me.

"Tell me who did it!" I shook my head, frightened. Dr. Smith got up to ask Alex to sit down by he ignore her and kept attacking me.

"Was it Liam? Ryan?!" I wanted to yell back this time but I was nervous. I was shaking. I found my voice and said,"Leave me alone. You're not my boyfriend anymore so why do you care?"

Alex shut up and I ran out of the room, not knowing what else I was suppose to do.