The Big Announcement

Start from the beginning

It was Jimi's turn next. Jimi sent the video to his mom and gave her a call. "Hello" Jimi's Mom answered. "Hey Mama it's Jimi" He said. "Hey how are you doing?" We're all doing great over here Mom" Jimi said. "Well I'm glad to hear it" His Mom said. "I just sent you an email of a video of Emma from this morning. You gotta watch it" He said, trying not to sound too overly excited. "Alright, I'll watch it right now" She said. She pulled up the email and opened the video. She pushed play and Jimi put the phone on speaker. "You gotta watch it all the way through" He said. He heard his Mom gasp the way Karen's Mom did. The video was over and she was in tears. "Karen's pregnant?!" she asked with excitement. "With a boy?" She added. "Yep she sure is" Jimi said with the biggest smile on his face. "I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see how everyone else will react." His mom said. "Is Karen there? Put her on the phone" His Mom said. "It's on speaker Mom she can hear you" Jimi said. "Oh. Karen how far along are you?" She asked. "17 weeks" She said. "I am soooo happy for you! I can't wait to meet that little bundle of joy" She said. "Is Emma there? I want to talk to her too" His Mom said. "She's here too, Mom" Jimi said. "Emma, sweetie are you excited?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm super excited! I've always wanted a little brother or sister" She said. They all talked on the phone for a while before hanging up. "That went really well" Jimi said as he set his phone down. "I figured it would" Karen said and smiled at him. "How do we want to tell the fans?" Jimi asked. "I'm not sure on that one yet. Maybe a post on Twitter or Facebook or something" Karen said. "But I think we should keep it to ourselves for a little while longer before we tell the fans." Karen said. "That's fine with me babe. Do you want to show the band the video on the bus?" Jimi asked. "Yeah, but I don't think I can wait any longer to tell Kim though" Karen said. "Do you want to go over there now?" Jimi asked. "If you don't mind" Karen said. "I'm fine with it" Jimi said. "I'll text her quick" Karen said. "Hey, is it alright if Jimi, Emma and I stop over for a minute?" Karen sent. "Yeah of course! Steve is out golfing right now so it's just me and Miss Daisy Pearl here" Kimberly replied. "Alright! We will be over in 15" Karen said. "See you then!" Kimberly replied.

"Kimberly said it was fine" Karen said. "Alright, let's go" Jimi said and the three of them got in the car and drove over to Kimberly's. They arrived and Jimi knocked on the door. They heard little footsteps running towards the door followed by bigger footsteps. "Uncle Jimi! Aunt Kiki! Emma!" Daisy shouted as Kimberly opened the door. "Hey peanut!" Karen said. "You don't have to knock on the door" Kimberly said. "I know, but it feels weird not to" Jimi said and Kimberly laughed. "Emma, come look at my new doll house!" Daisy said excitedly and grabbed her hand and took her to her play room.

"So, what's up with you two?" Kimberly asked as they all sat on the couch. "Not too much. You?" Karen replied. "Same, I've been packing for this weekend" Kimberly said. "So, we want to show you something" Karen said and Jimi pulled out his phone and opened the video and pressed play and handed it to Kimberly. Kimberly watched the video. She didn't catch on at first until she saw the baby toys. She put her hand over her mouth and when she heard what Emma's T-Shirt said she freaked out a little "AAAAHHHHHHH YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!" Kimberly screamed and gave Karen a huge hug. "I'm so happy for you!" She said through the tears. "Stop crying! You're gonna make me cry" Karen said and wiped the tears away. "I'm sorry. I'm just so happy for you!" Kimberly said. They hugged for a little while longer then let go of each other. "So, it's a boy I take it?" Kimberly said smiling. "Yes it is" Jimi said. "Well at least Jimi won't be the only boy in the house" Kimberly said and laughed. "So have you told anyone else?" Kimberly asked. "Just you and our families" Karen said. "We were going to tell the rest of the band on Thursday when we go back out on the road." Jimi said. "You have to show them this video! It is so adorable!" Kimberly said. "We were planning on it" Karen said. They stayed at Kimberly's for about an hour then decided to head out.

........................................................................................................................................................................................