First Impressions

NB: This story was initially written for myself as a personal fan-fiction but I chose to share it with you guys :)

Charles Xavier grinned, looking up at you from his wheelchair. "Yes, of course. I think you need to learn from Logan. He has plenty of experience in that field." Charles was professional, a glint of suspicion in his icy blue eyes was present, however.
"Thank you, professor." You responded, before leaving the room, punching the air with enthusiasm as the door closed behind you. Charles had just given you special permission to skip classes to help control your powers. Your thoughts were interrupted, however, as suddenly you were struck with something. You jumped into the air, unintentionally shifting into a young lion cub as  you did so. Your shoulder stung. It felt like ice-burn. Irritated, you let out a growl. "Bobby! Don't do that."
"It's too cute..." He smiled, looking down at the cub in front of him.
"It's not funny!" You growled again.
Henry McCoy happened to walk past as the commotion was going on, and sent Bobby off. "Hey... [Y/N], trust me. I know how hard it is to not be able to control your beast, but I promise you, you can tame anything when you really put your mind to it." He grinned, the inspirational tone in his voice causing you to relax, slowly turning back to your human form. "Thank you." You smiled, and continued on your way to the girls' dorm.
When you arrived, Kitty and Jean greeted you with a smile. "What's up?" Kitty asked, and you shrugged.
You were all pretty tired, and your shoulder was killing you after Iceman burnt you in the name of a good joke. It felt like you needed some downtime too. You lay in the bed, trying to fall asleep. Insomnia took hold, and, as you glanced around the room, your fellow X-Men all appeared to be sleeping just fine. Hm. You know who else has nightmares? Logan Howlett.
You changed form, acquiring the physique of a black cat. You strutted out of the room in silence, weaving your way around Charles' mansion to find the kitchen. Sure enough, there was Logan, downing yet another pint. "Logan?" You asked, trotting towards the counter, where you sprung up, and looked at him expectantly.
The Wolverine didn't turn around. "Ah. It's 'Copycat' right?" He asked, and you sighed.
"Yeah, that's what they're calling me." You meowed, as Logan poured his final pint.
"No ice, again. Where's Bobby when you need him..." He muttered.
"Who cares. Tell that to my fucking shoulder." You hissed in frustration. Logan turned around, you had his attention now. But not for long. Out of nowhere came a flash of silver, and standing by the fridge was another mutant. He wore a long sleeved jacket and pyjama trousers, and completely ignored you both until he was spoken to.
"Peter, did you go through all the ice again?" Logan asked, lowering his eyebrows.
Peter downed a pint glass of juice in the time it took you to blink. You were astonished. You'd think, in all this time, all the things you've seen, this kind of thing should feel normal, but it still surprised you.
"The trouble with being as fast as me, Logan, is you are thirsty twice as quickly. And it's not a good root beer without ice." He chuckled.
The Wolverine rolled his eyes.
"Oh, cute! We have a cat now? Where did you get a cat?" Peter glanced at Logan, then at you.
"Excuse me, I was just leaving." You squinted, having trouble adjusting to the dim light as a result of being tired. As you turned to leave, the speedster cut you off. "Hey, where'd you get that scar?" He asked.
"Iceman..." You muttered, leaping down off the table and returning to your normal form.
Peter stared at you in surprise, and Logan elbowed him in the ribs, though you didn't see it.
"Goodnight." You muttered, leaving the two to their drinks.