CHAPTER 3: I'm Not Leaving

BLUE'S POV

I mindlinked my parents that I had found my mate and he was in the hospital and they came as soon as I told them. So now my twin and younger sister were all crowded around Ezra's bed. My dad already ensured the best possible care for him after he had spoken with the doctor.

So now we were all in Ezra's room watching him sleep.

It's not creepy...like at all...he is my mate after all.

"I've only just met him, but I feel like I've known him my whole life." I rasped to no one in particular. My heart felt like it was slowly being broken down as I watched Ezra lie there unsteadily breathing, and his heart moniter growing more flat by the hour. My parents have been trying to coax me into going home but I wasn't having any of it.

"Blue baby..." My mother came up behind me and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm so sorry honey, I know sorry won't change anything, but please come home." My brother and sister came and hugged me too.

"Do you want us to tell you what the doctor said? Will that make you come home?" My dad had a hand on my moms shoulder. The sight of them made me want to cry. They could have that and I couldn't.

Ever.

"He might not be here when I get back." I mentioned. They have to understand, I'm not leaving.

"But Bl-" My mom started again and I rolled my eyes, getting agitated.

"Do you guys speak English? Last time I checked you did, so hear me loud and clear; I'm. Not. Leaving." My mom and dad mirrored shock. I couldn't blame them. I usually keep my thoughts and comments to myself.

"Fine. Have it your way with this rouge Blue." My dad snapped back. "And the doct-"

"Clayton don't!" My mom warned. Dad didn't even spare a glance in her direction.

"The doctors say he's going to die tomorrow." The words hit me like a brick wall. I got a glimpse of my dad with a triumphant look on his face. My breathing came in short pants, my throat closed up and fresh tears welled up in my red and puffy eyes. I tried to hold back the sobs that threatened to escape but it was no use. One came and another and another until I was uncontrollably sobbing. Ezra...the one person I cant bear to live without is leaving me tomorrow. My mom began shouting at my ass of a father about how he was sleeping on the couch tonight but my whole world began to spin. The heart moniter attached to my one and only started to speed up.

And everything went black. 

*

*

I stayed by Ezra's side all night not sleeping a wink. His eyelids fluttered open and I was hovering over him in an instant.

"How are you feeling? Do you need water? Food? A-"

"Woah-" He coughed interrupting his sentence. "Can I j-just....tell y-you...how...great it is....to wake up....t-to see your face?" I nodded, I didn't trust my voice to speak. I just layed back in his arms and let the sparks drown everything out.

*

We woke up several times that night. Sometimes I would wake up to him staring at me and sometimes he would wake up to find me staring at him.

I drifted off curled up against his side once more.

*

Sometime during the night I was pushed off the bed and in my drowsy state, I didn't know what was going on. I hazily looked up to see doctors surrounding my mate. I shot up, sleepiness long gone and rushed over to my mate again. I was brutally shoved back by a nurse who then stabbed a needle in my arm.

That's when I flipped my shit.

I thrashed against the nurses holding me down.

"Get her out of here!" A doctor demanded. I was hustled out of the room kicking and screaming.

"If you want your mate to have his best chance of survival you'll stop this nonsense right now." That shut me up like a baby's bottle. I sat in the room in silence. I was bouncing around in my seat but not making a sound. I listened to the hustle and bustle of doctors inside the ICU waiting for the nurse to tell me I could go see Ezra again.

----------------

All of a sudden I felt an indescribable pain coming from my heart. I felt as though I died. And yet, I was still living, breathing. The darkness in my chest made me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

What just happened?

I had been waiting in the waiting room for what seemed like years until the same nurse who told me to calm my ass down came in. I jumped up and hurriedly ran to meet her.

"Well?" I asked impatient.

"Ms, I'm sure you know what happened..." The nurse started out with a look of sadness and concern on her face. I've seen people give that look when something bad happ-

Oh shit.

I collapsed onto the ground the pain in my chest unbearable. I clawed at my skin not feeling anything. I couldn't cry. That seemed too small a motion for the despair I was feeling. I shook on the ground heaving great heaving sobs that came from the deepest parts of my chest.

Ezra had died in the two days I had known him.

I can will never love.

I won't ever kiss.

I will not ever lose my virginity.

No one is worthy enough but him.