The Boy in Art Class (Frerard)

okay so this is my first time writing a story like this but oh well, i'm giving it a try. just comment or whatever if you want me to continue or if you have any feedback. yea... thanks!

~

I walked into the art room of my new school. Eyes belonging to faces that I didn't know, all staring at me. They all looked at me, making me feel wrong. Well there was something wrong with me and that's why I wore hoodies all the time, hiding all my secrets. I met eyes with this guy in the back of the room. The layout of this room was strange, having a room you walk into, a computer lab off in its own room. Then if you stood in the doorway and looked straight back, your eyes would pass the door for the computer lab, the entrance for a dark room, then in the back room where laid the chemicals for developing film, some sinks, a few cubbies, tall tables and stools, and some shelves holding art supplies. Everybody seems like they are doing their own thing while he just stands in the back room. I have some negatives from my trip to New York so I head to the back room to see if there is a box of light sensitive paper so I can print my pictures in the darkroom and to say hello to this boy. As I make my way to the back room, the eyes of the people I have yet to meet focud back on their work, not minding me at all. When I make my way to the backroom, I open my mouth to the boy. "Do you know where the light sensitive paper is?" I ask, my first words to the boy. He walks over to a shelf and pulls out a box from under some folders. He scans the box for a minute, making sure it was what I had asked for. After a few seconds, he makes his way back to me. "Thanks," I saw as I take the box from his grip. "The name's Gerard," I tell the boy, giving him a name to call me.

"Frank, Frank Iero," the boy says finally. I look into his eyes and get lost in them. It feels like I've been staring into them forever now. "So you're into photography?" Frank asked, finally breaking me from staring into his eyes.

"Uhhh yea, I suppose," I say answering his question. I was really into photography you could say.

"There aren't any chemicals ready to process prints today but I'm sure Mr. Lifson would have them ready for class tomorrow if you ask,” he said.

“Okay,” I replied. That was such a boring response. Come on Gerard!

“I can show you the darkroom though since I’m not doing anything,” Frank said. Show me the darkroom?! Show me the darkroom?! If there were no chemicals in there, then it would be just us. I like that thought.

“I would like that,” I say as I follow him towards the entrance for the darkroom. He steps into the rotating carousel that lead to the darkroom. He stands there, giving me a puzzling look. He grabs my hand and pulls me in the small rotating carousel and he turns with it. When it opens on the other side, the lights are turned on, revealing eight enlargers. There is also a table holding four trays in which would hold the chemicals and  water, a sink a squeegee board, and some racks to lay your prints for them to dry. Along the wall is a rope for negatives to hand while drying. Just then I realized Frank had still been holding my hand. I glanced down at it. Frank blushed and released his grip.

“S-Sorry,” these words released from his lips. On his bottom lip, a ring was pierced around it. It was silver and smooth.

“It’s okay,” I said as Frank turned off the lights, revealing a red light on the wall and one hanging from the ceiling. I closed my eyes, so happy to be back in a darkroom. It was so quiet and lonely, just like me. Frank then walked over to the power strip, which controlled the red light from the ceiling, and switched it off. Then he walked towards the red light on the wall and turned that off too. I was in complete darkness now. We were in complete darkness now. I still stood in the same spot from when I took a step out of the rotating carousel so I knew how to return to the light outside. I heard footsteps from Frank trying to find his way. I heard a crash of a person falling to the ground. I took some steps into the darkness, not caring if I could find my way out of here. "Frank? Are you okay?" I asked, not knowing where he was exactly. I then felt something warm in front of me. I heard a footstep come from this direction too then a small, cold, smooth ring press into my lips, followed by smooth, inviting lips. Time froze and froze for what felt like eternity. Suddenly Frank stepped back, realizing that a had kissed me while trying to get out of the darkness that surrounds us. I felt my cheeks turn red. Thank god he could not see me right now.

"Ohmygod, I'm so sorry," were the words that slipped out of Frank's mouth, through those perfect lips of his.

“It-It’s o-okay,” I spat out after awhile. Why was he sorry? That was perfect. Frank then found his way out of the darkness and into the light, leaving me here. I finally found my way out but when I did, Frank was nowhere to be found, at least in my vision. I walked to the back room, no Frank. I walked into the front room, no Frank or any other people. I heard some talking coming from the computer lab so I walked in there only to find Frank talking to a man I’m guessing was Mr. Lifson, my teacher.

“So you are Gerard Way,” Mr. Lifson said. “Glad to welcome you to Blackbird High School,” he said as he placed his hand out. I took it and shook it then placed my hand back at my side. “You guys better go if you want some food for lunch!” Mr. Lifson said, walking out of the computer lab, then the art room, then the fine arts building, leaving me with Frank. I looked at Frank only to find out that he was already looking at me.

“Not hungry?” Frank asked me.

“Yea,” I replied.

“Neither am I,” Frank said while walking to the back room. I followed Frank as he opened the door that lead to the vocal room. He walked across the vocal room to a hallway. Frank opened a door, holding it open for me, still following. We walked down a set of stairs, entering the basement. The basement was confusing, all the hallways looking the same, an easy spot to get lost. I followed Frank, knowing that he’ll not get lost. We weaved our way through the hallways, coming upon a door that Frank unlocked. The room had bean bags, a drum set, microphones with stands, three guitars, and a bass. “This is the rock band room, you know, for the people who sign up to do it but nobody uses it,” Frank said, stepping inside. I watched him walk in the room and grab a guitar that said PANSEY on it.

“You play?” I ask while sitting down on a bean bag. He sat down in the bean bag next to mine. He played some chords for a minute.

“Why are you here?” he asked me, looking into my eyes.

“What?” I respond to his question with another question.

“Like why are you here… with me? Most people run away or bully me by now. I’m just wondering why you stayed,” said Frank, a tear forming in his eye.

“I-I don’t know,” I replied. I looked into his eyes, more tears forming. I grabbed his arm gently while saying, “but I do know that I’m going to stay. I can promise you that.” Frank yanked his arm back slowly, making me sit by him on his bean bag. He placed the guitar off to the side before collapsing into my lap and crying. “Shh…” I hushed while running my fingers through his hair, attempting to calm him down. The crying continued.

“Wha-What did I d-do to deserve th-this?!” yelled the crying boy in my lap. Even though I just met Frank, it seemed as if I knew him for years. I wanted to cry just at the sight of Frank crying.

“Frank, I don’t know what you did to deserve this but you don’t deserve this, whatever it is. I promise to you that I will always be there when you need me, no matter what. I don’t want to see you crying anymore so please stop, for me.” I heard the crying boy sniffle then he looked up, our eyes meeting. With a few more sniffles, Frank sat up, not breaking eye contact. His hands slid up to my cheeks to cup this. Finally, the once crying boy leaned into me, once again pressing his cold, smooth, silver lip ring into my lips. It all happened so slowly, him bringing his face towards mine to kiss me. I raised my hands from my sides to the back of his head, grabbing ahold of him. What felt like forever was actually just a few seconds. And with that, my eyes shut. I heard a moan come out of Frank’s mouth. Frank now broke away from the kiss but his teeth tugged at my bottom lip. It was my time to release a moan. He finally let go of my bottom lip and my eyes opened up to see him staring at me, cheeks red as a tomato.

“G-Gerard?” Frank asked, breaking the silence. He curled up next to the side of my body. I wrapped my arms around him.

“Yes Frank?” I said, looking down at him. I could see confusion on his face. What ever he would say next, he was hesitating about it.

After a minute or so, Frank gazed up into my eyes and said, “I think I love you.”