5 (Father and Nala)

Shortly after leaving the coats behind and our clothes completely dry, we reached the camp of Aslan. As we approached a horn was sounded. Creatures watched as we made our way through the camp. I waved at the children, who all waved eagerly back. I skipped on ahead of the Kings and Queens, wanting to see all of the camp, eager to see my father.

"Princess! We made you this!" Two young centaur girls exclaimed, only to be shushed by their mother. I walked over to them.

"What have you made me?" I asked politely. The produced a crown made of twisted twigs and white rose flowers. I smiled and knelt in front of them, letting them place it over my head.

"It would look even nicer with your hair down princess." The girl advised. I nodded and undid my braid, putting the blossom flower as a pin on my corset. Shaking my head slightly to loosen the curls, I looked at the young centaur girl, who nodded in approval. I smiled and continued to walk to Aslan's tent.

From left to right we walked towards the tent in the order Me, Peter, Susan and Lucy. Narnians surrounded the area. All fell silent. Shuffling of feet made the Pevensies looks around, noticing that everyone was bowing. When the majestic lion stepped out of the main tent, the children bowed too. The breeze caused his mane to flutter making him seem all the more regal. Instead of bowing, I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I heard the low sound of his chuckle and a paw being placed on my back.

"I missed you father!" I told him. On my 13th birthday he gave me my bow, I had bowed when he found me in the woods, to which he instructed me to never do so again. He didn't want his family bowing to him.

"I missed you also, my child. I have a surprise for you later." He told me. I pulled back from his hug and watched him address the Pevensies.

"Welcome Peter, son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. Welcome Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fourth?" Aslan asked.

"It's why we are here sir. We need your help." Peter bagan.

"We had a little trouble along the way." Susan continued.

"Our brother has been captured by the White Witch." Peter finished.

"How could this happen?" Aslan questioned. He never spoke in an angry way to Narnians, only to the White Witch.

"He betrayed them your majesty." Beaver spoke up as neither Peter nor Susan wished to utter the truth for fear Edmund would not be accepted.

"Then he has betrayed us all." Oreius interrupted.

"Peace Oreius. I am sure there is an explanation." Aslan said in a stern voice.

"It's my fault really. I was too hard on him." Peter looked down in defeat and I had to fight the impulse to run over to him and hug him, to make him stop thinking that it was his fault.

"We all were." Susan corrected, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder for reassurance.

"Sir he's our brother." Lucy said quietly.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think." Aslan explained.

Peter POV.

I was stood on a hill, overlooking the camp and a great palace further on, after I had changed into Narnian clothing. I was already aware that I was supposed to be King, but I didn't think I was up to it. Despite all this doubt, one thing I was certain of was my undying love for Adelaide. I had just learned Aslan was her father. She was flawless, perfect skin, perfect hair, irresistable eyes, kissable lips, and loving personality, strong, fearless. She had just become the centre of my world. As I was looking at the castle, Aslan approached me.

"That is Cair Paravel, castle of the four thrones. Of which you will sit, Peter, as High King." Aslan explained. I bowed my head in shame. I was not of royal blood like Addy, I wasn't as skilled in combat, and I wasn't like a King at all.

"You doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asked.

"No, it's just it. Aslan I'm not who you think I am." I said.

"Peter Pevensie, formally from Finchly, lover to my daughter. Beaver also mentioned you planned on turning him into a hat while you carried my daughter for half the day." Aslan summed up. I smiled at the memory of having Addy in my arms, so peaceful. I remember how stunned I was at how little she weighed.

"Peter there is deep magic at work. It controls all our destinies. Yours, Mine, Adelaide's also." He informed me.

"But I couldn't even protect my own family!" I cried.

"You brought them safely this far." Aslan said.

"Not all of them." I answered. Edmund. I didn't like thinking about what the White Witch was doing to him.

"I will do what I can for your brother. But I need you to consider what I ask of you for I too want my family safe." He replied. I nodded in reply. I could do this, for Aslan and Addy.

"Aslan, what is the second prophecy? Beaver said you would tell me," I asked.

"When the eldest son of adam, and the daughter of the king

Defeat the white witch and winter is through.

A kiss will save the princess and gain her wings

Then there love will be forever true.

It is about you and Adelaide. She is half Angel on her mother's side. Only an act of love when on the brink of death can gain her, her wings. You can't fight this battle without her nor she without you. Together, you are stronger. Peter I know you like her. Don't wait too long to tell her." Aslan instructed. I nodded. Then I heard a horn.

Addy POV

I had followed my father back into his tent.

"This is your 15th birthday present. Clouded leopard cub." Aslan introduced her to the tiny creature that wondered up to her.

"Hello there, what is your name?" I asked the adorable cub. Her eyes were purple and the intricate pattern on her back had me run my hands along her soft fur.

"Nala." She purred into my hand.

"She is yours to look after. She will age as you do, my dear. Now, your tent is next to Peter's. Go and change into one of your dresses and meet with the girls." Aslan instructed then left. I picked up Nala and exited the tent.