Chapter 3: Route 1

I started walking. But then I heard my name being called.

"Venus! Venus honey wait!"

It was mom. I forgot to tell her everything. I turned around with Short Blade still in my arms. I set him down and he started eating the grass. Gross. Mom looked at ShortBlade and smiled.

"Professor Oak gave you a Pokemon? How wonderful. Did you get any of the information that you needed?"

"Of course mom."

I picked up ShortBlade again and started petting his head. He seemed to enjoy it.

"This is ShortBlade. He's my new adventure buddy."

Mom smiled and started petting him as well. ShortBlade was very happy.

"He's wonderful sweetie. Perfect for someone like you."

"Thanks mom. I think he was meant for me."

"Of course. I have to be going home now. But Professor Oak told me to give you this. He wants to know if you would help him with his research by filling this out as you go on your adventure. He says its called a Pokedex."

"Okay. Sure. Seems legit."

"You're growing up so fast. Just remember honey. If you get too tired you an always come home and rest."

"Okay mom."

I gave her a hug and walked off. She looked as though she was crying. It's not like I wouldn’t visit. I could never just leave my mom. I was just ready for a new adventure. This was it. As I started walking I could feel Short Blade trying to squirm out of my arms.

"What's a matter Short Blade?"

He looked up at me and back at the first route. I could immediately tell what he wanted.

"Alright buddy. We'll take our first steps together..."