Chapter 7: Two Guys One girl

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry I'll protect Jess, Avi. And she'll protect me too."

"Good. Now let's just hope when mom and dad hear the news about you going to Washington D.C. they take it in a good way."

"Hopefully," I respond.

Avi asks the waiter for the bill and he pays the food for us. We leave the buffet and our way back home we just listen to some music like we normally do. Once we dropped off Violet at her house we headed to ours and when we got home all I wanted to do was go up to my bedroom, lay on bed, and sleep. Unfortunately, that all didn't happen because my aunt asked me to take care of the twins for her while she goes out into town and buys what is necessary. I just hope she doesn't take long because I could really use that sleep.

Once aunt Yessy leaves I turn towards the direction of the twins and they're in front of the television watching Sesame Street. How much I loved that show as kid and I still do. I swoop them both on each arm and sit with them on the couch. I love these little twins even if they can be a pain sometimes. I stare at them for a while and wonder how they will be when they grow up. I hope they won't be made fun of like me.

An hour had passed and my aunt was finally home. She came in through the door with many grocery bags so I put down the sleeping twins that were in my arms and went to go help her.

"Aunt Yessy why didn't you call Avi so he can give you a lift?"

"No I didn't want to disturb your brother. I already took your time by taking care of the twins."

"Aunt Yessy it's ok. I'm sure Avi would of given you a lift if you called him. Next time call and about the twins it's ok I would take care of them anytime."

"Thanks honey."

I finish helping her out and then go upstairs to my room and take a nice cold refreshing shower. As the water runs down my spine and as my hands massage my head I can feel myself relax even more. My muscles take all this in and relax as well. As I get out the shower I wrap the towel around my head and put on my bathrobe. I head to my drawers and pull out my white I woke up like this shirt with some black sleeping shorts. I turn towards the clock and it's only 5:00 p.m. I could of sworn it was like 7:00. I turn my laptop on start doing my homework cause at this point there is nothing for me to do.

It was about 7:30 now and my mom knocked on my door telling me dinner was ready. I told her I would be down there in a few. I just hope when I tell them the news they won't deny me permission. I put on my cozy dinosaur slippers and head towards the kitchen. As I get closer to the kitchen I can smell the sweet smell of mole and rice and my appetite just grew bigger.

"Hey honey!" my dad greeted.

"Hey dad," I plant a kiss on his cheek.

"How was school?"

I look over at Avi and say, "I actually have to tell you both something but once we're all sitting down to eat."

"Ok then I hope it's good news Jess."

"It is I promise."

I help mom serve the food on the plates and put the utensils needed on the table. I get the lemonade out of the freezer and get four cups out and serve. We all do a prayer at first and then we dive right into the food. The sweet and spicy taste of the mole dipped in red sauce send my taste buds into a frenzy mode and then I forget everything that's going around me.

"Jess calm down. The world isn't going to end. There's more food if you want some," my mother said.

"You're right, sorry mom."