Louis followed his eyes to the clock, letting his head fall into his hands. Yeah, they were going to lose it.

"I can feel you crying, Diana," Niall finished for Liam as he threw a marshmallow his way. Liam caught it in his mouth, chuckled, and began again.

"Let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don't think you even realize, baby you'd be saving mine," Liam and Louis sang. Niall yawned and laid his head against Louis', looking at Harry for the rest of the lyrics.

"Diana, Diana..." Harry struggled to hit Zayn's note. Looking back to the boys with disappointed eyes, he whispered the last line.

"Baby you'd be saving mine."

"You almost got it that time Harry, come on, don't stress out," Liam patted his shoulder and pointed at the ticking clock.

"Unless you lot want to run through it once more, I say we get some rest," Liam continued.

"I don't know if I'll be able to sleep," Niall sighed, holding his phone up to show the thousands of messages and tweets about Zayn's departure that constantly lit up his screen.

"As soon as we do the show tomorrow the fans should calm down knowing that we're not going anywhere," Louis mentioned.

"And what if they don't believe us?" Harry accepted Niall's hand and stood up with the rest.

"They will, have a little faith Hazza," Liam smiled with heavy eyes. The four boys slipped into their rooms and waited for sleep to take them as new lyrics, higher notes, and disappointed fans plagued their minds.

~

The sun shined on the Manchester flat early the next morning. Louis and Liam were the first ones awake. Sitting tiredly at the kitchen table, Louis broke the silence.

"You ready for tonight, Payno?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Nervous?" Louis picked at his blueberry muffin, glancing up at Liam who was sipping his coffee.

"Yes but more so for Niall and Harry, they're scared as hell."

"They'll be fine, strong boys," Louis quickly noted.

"Of course they are but I don't think you can really speak for Harry anymore," Liam commented carefully.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He stopped eating and looked up at his younger mate.

"After your fall out a lot changed with him, you know? He has a lot more weight on his shoulders."

"He does?" Louis felt like he was sinking. Had he been so blind to the youngest member of the band that he didn't even notice a change?

"Mhmm, you're right though, he's strong. He's just a bit more guarded, doesn't want to make a mistake."

"That's silly, we all make mistakes," Louis remembered the numerous times he received angry calls from Simon.

"Yes but his, regardless of what they are, are inevitably bigger because the public focuses on him."

"So this really affects him then?" Louis asked, uncomfortably shifting in his seat.