25. Confused Minds

Start from the beginning

Then I spotted him.

His blonde hair looking messy on his head giving him this sexy look and I started getting excited.

I was finally about to make him mine.

He was laughing along with Peter and Taylor and I turned back to face Essence.

“I feel so nervous right now! I feel like I’m about to ask him on a first date or something” I said.

“It’s because you’re in love” she said teasing me as she clasped her hands together and batted her eyelashes.

“Shut up!” I said throwing a pepperoni her way.

“Hey guys” Kristen said giving me sympathetic smile.

“Hey Kristen” I said letting her know that I wasn’t in a shitty mood. “I’m sorry about all last week. I was being a total bitch and I know you didn’t need that after the conversation we had. I wasn’t a very good friend and I’m sorry” I told her.

She gave me a smile. “Don’t even worry about it. It’s cool”.

I waited a few more minutes for the guys to show up, but it never happened.

“What the hell” I said looking up at Kristen and Essence whose eyes seemed to be popping out of their sockets. “What’s wrong?”

“Oh no” was all Kristen said.

Following their gaze, my heart dropped.

My heart literally fell out of my ass, onto the floor and started to crawl to the trashcan.

Jace, Peter, and Taylor were sitting at their old table where all the other pack members were.

Jace had his arms and lips around another girl.

And that girl just happened to be Claire.

I felt the tears sliding down my cheek and I needed to get out of here before it got worse.

“Why?” I whispered to myself.

“Shit” Kristen mumbled. “Since you rejected him, he thinks he needs to find a new mate and Claire was his pick”.

Claire.

Of all people he had to pick Claire.

The girl who cheated on him.

The girl who hated my guts and I’m pretty sure I hated hers just as much.

The girl that he told me I didn’t have to worry about.

She was sitting there with her tongue down his throat and I knew she was enjoying every minute of it.

Picking up my bag, I stood and quickly made my way out of the cafeteria.

Essence wasn’t too far behind me as we headed into the parking lot and into my car.

I slammed the door shut and put my forehead against the steering wheel.

“I’m sorry Spence. I definitely didn’t see that one coming” she said from the passenger seat as she rubbed my back.

“Me neither” I said through the tears. “My plan was a complete fail”.

“Come on! You can still talk to him. He thinks you don’t want him so all you have to do is go and talk to him still”.

“Yeah, whenever Claire isn’t up his ass. God, I feel like I really screwed this up. It’s my fault this time”.

………………………………

 English.

I was dreading this class the most.