Chaos at the Great Hall

They stood there, kissing like there's no tomorrow. Their lips were moving furiously against each other. Draco's tongue slithered out of his mouth to lick Hermione's bottom lip. She gasped in surprise, and he slipped his tongue inside her mouth. Hermione got over her shock quickly and kissed him back.

It was an entirely weird, yet pleasant, feeling for her. Their tongues battled for dominance, making Hermione moan. Draco smirked against her lips, proud that he could make her feel that way.

After quite some time, things got… err... kinda… heated up. And also a bit… well… uhhm… hands-y. ( A/N: Is this kiss ever gonna end? :D )

And when Draco was just about to unbutton Hermione's shirt, the door was suddenly banged open.

"What the hell - ?"

"Oh. My. FUDGE!" Ginny suddenly screamed, interupting whatever else Blaise was supposed to say. "Ha! I knew this was going to happen!" she continued, and turned to face Blaise, "You owe me 10 galleons."

Blaise grumblingly took out his money bag and handed her the money.

"Wait, what did you just say?" Hermione interjected, "You were having bets? On us?" She was getting angry now, since her face, already red from her previous snogging with the Slytherin prince, got impossibly redder.

"Uh-oh." Blaise muttered... An angry Hermione = a scary Hermione. And a scary Hermione = An angry Draco. An angry Draco = a scary Draco. A scary Draco + a scary Hermione = instant, unpleasant death for everybody. Blaise knew he had to think fast before he starts turning to ashes.

"Well, yeah, because... Draco had always been lusting over you since during the Yule Ball, and Ginny and I were betting on how long it would take him to finally admit his feelings to himself." he said quickly to make it believable.

Practically, it was the truth. If anybody ever saw Draco's face when he saw Hermione, they will be utterly convinced that cupid has shot a bull's eye on the Malfoy's heart.

Hermione stared at Blaise for a while, as though deciding if she should believe him. She turned to look at Draco. The light pink blush staining his cheeks and the sheepish smile was enough for an answer.

"Oh, really now. Well then, we must get to work, Draco. We've been missing out on 3 years' worth of snogging." She smiled seductivlely ang Draco could have melted. But since he's a Malfoy, he didn't, because Malfoys DO NOT melt.

"Why don't we start now?" he asked, with that knee-jerking smirk playing on his lips.

"Bring it on, Slytherin. But," Hermione said. Draco groaned. There's that "BUT" word that he hated so much. Hermione leaned in closer to whisper in his ear, "You're gonna have to catch me first." and she took off.

Draco froze for a split-second, surprised by her antics. He suddenly grinned and ran as fast as he could to catch that alluring brunette.

Ginny and Blaise watched the exchange between the two.

They really are perfect for each other. But, as the mischievous two always say, "Blaise and Ginny" sounds more perfect.

"Well, now that they're gone, maybe we can have our snog now." Blaise said impatiently.

"Yeah, but maybe later. We have to see how this ends." she replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Blaise graoned in protest, but otherwise, took off with Ginny.

Harry and Ron were having their dinner, and at the same time worrying about Hermione. They haven't seen her since Potions. So when they saw her running through the Great Hall's double doors with a huge smile on her face, they instantly brightened up.

But then, their smiles turned into frowns when they saw Malfoy right behind her, and they wondered what might be happening.

Suddenly, Draco grabbed Hermione by the waist, turned her around and snogged her in the Great Hall in front of everyone.

"What in the name of the nose-less snake Voldemort is happening?" Harry exclaimed.

Ron simply fainted.

It was so quiet in the Great Hall. And suddenly, everyone started screaming.

"Aaahhhh! It's the end of the world!"

"Everybody run! Hell is coming for us!"

"Waahhhh! The devil's out to get me! I forgot to pray last night! Heaven, save us!"

But the couple just continued sogging, oblivious to everything around them.

Up at the teacher's table, some money bags were filled while some were emptied. It seems like even the professors were placing bets on the couple. Snape was smirking. His pouch was now filled with more galleons.

Dumbledore, meanwhile, smiled secretly. If he had taken part at the bets, his colleagues would be broke.

He watched the snogging couple. Ahhh... Young love, he thought, My plan worked perfectly.

Watching in a corner, Blaise and Ginny, aka his accomplices, stood, watching everything with a smirk.

Harry was reviving Ron with his goblet of pumpkin juice. Slytherins and Gryffindors were fighting. Some Hufflepuffs were screaming. Ravenclaws analyzing the possible root of this situation. Teachers were looking surprised.

Blaise whispered something in Ginny's ear, and she smiled, took his hand, and led him out of the hall.

Probably to do more snogging.