Ariana: Are you seriously asking me that question?

Justin: Yeah.

Ariana: Probably jeans and some sort of shirt.

Justin: So you don't wear skirts?

Ariana: Are you a pervert?

Justin: I wouldn't say that.

Ariana: I wear skirts sometimes. It looks like a cold day today. Actually, I know it's going to be a cold day. I checked NOAA.

Justin: You checked what?

Ariana: NOAA. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's website. It's the best way to check your local forecast.

Justin: I learn something new every time I talk to you, Ariana.

Ariana: Thanks.

Justin: So how cold is it supposed to be? Maybe you could wear two pairs of tights.

Ariana: I want to wear jeans.

Justin: That's cool. I'm going to wear jeans too.

Ariana: Do you wear tight jeans, Justin?

Justin: Now who's the pervert!

Ariana: I was joking.

Justin: My jeans are loose enough that I can bend over and touch my toes. How about you?

Ariana: Oh my god. You did not just ask me that.

Justin: What's wrong?

Ariana: You're trying to find out how far I can bend over.

Justin: No, I'm not.

Ariana: Yes you are. You are such a guy. Are you afraid that I'm fat? That you're wasting your day minutes on a porker?

Justin: I think you took my question the wrong way.

Ariana: You're the reason girls thrust their fingers down their throats!

Justin: Calm down. If you can't touch your toes, that's no problem. Toe touches are overrated. There's a kid in my PE class whose kneecaps are too close together and he can't bend over very far at all. It's not about his fitness level. It's about his kneecaps.

Ariana: My kneecaps are normal and I can touch my toes just fine. I don't have any trouble bending over.

Justin: I didn't mean it that way.

Ariana: Some part of your man/boy brain totally meant it that way.

Justin: I hope you have a good day at school today, Ariana.

Ariana: I'm not fat.

Justin: I never said you were. And for the record, I'm not fat either. I play basketball.

Ariana: I'm on the track team. And, for the record, I've got above-average endurance, strength, and flexibility.

Justin: Above-average strength? I hope we never end up in a fight. Hey, it sounds like you've got pretty decent kneecaps, too.

Ariana: You're weird.

Justin: I'm also late. I've got to go. I was sort of hoping you would call and play an April Fools' Day joke on me.

Ariana: That's not my style. Are you disappointed?

Justin: A little.

Ariana: So you're telling me that you like a tease.

Justin: Maybe.

Ariana: Good to know, Justin.

April 1, 5:45 p.m.

Justin: Somebody played a joke on me today. Her name is Beth Howie. We used to date in eighth grade. That's not really part of the joke, but I wanted you to understand that there's some history here. It was lunch. She told me there was an injured rabbit in a bush. She always really liked rabbits, and I thought maybe I could help it out. So I put on my coat and went outside and started looking at this bush. Well, there wasn't an injured rabbit in there. There was a remote control car covered with brown fur. Anyway, I'm staring at the bush and then Clay Worsett makes the fur car race out at me. So I jump back, and the fur car zooms into the street and gets hit by a truck. I swear to god. It got nailed by a semi and smashed into a million fur-covered bits. And Clay is screaming,

"My car! My car!" And Beth covers her eyes with her hands and almost starts to cry. And I say, "Was that a refrigerator rig?" And Clay says, "No, it was my frigging car." And I say, "I know that. I meant the truck. It looked like a refrigerator rig." So he squints his eyes and walks into the road and starts gathering the clobbered pieces of his car, and he says, "How do you know anything about trucks?" And I say, "A friend of mine who lives in Montpelier has thought about becoming a long-haul trucker." Anyway, I thought I should call and tell you that story. Hey, do you ever talk about me with your friends?

April 1, 6:05 p.m.

Ariana: Technically, I live in East Montpelier. And you dated a girl whose last name is Howie?

April 1, 6:10 p.m.

Justin: I sure did.

A/N:

aw y'all, I'm so glad you like this book so far

the feedback has been amazing, thank you so much

can we try to get this chapter to 30 votes also??? let's try!

okay, love you bby's <3