IMAGINE: Darth Vader getting tested by the Emperor

"Stupid ship." You spit, kicking your broken ship. You crash landed on the Sith planet of Korriban as your engines died on you.

     You stalk off, in search of a person. "I should've never taken an old ship." You huff.

     You have no idea how long you walk for, but when you come up to a scary looking temple, you gulp. Your eyebrows draw and you take a deep breath, before walking up the front steps. You knock on the doors and then open it.

      "Hello?" You call out meekly.

---

      "What was that?" The Emperor asks Darth Vader, his apprentice of two years, as they hear you calling "Hello?".

     "I think someone's in the temple, master." Darth Vader answers.

     "Come. Let's go see." The Emperor tells him. The two man walks down the dark halls of the temple until they spot you.

     "There she is." The Emperor whispers, pointing a long, thin finger at you.

     Darth Vader pulls up and stares at you. A chill runs through his body as something in your eyes reminds him of his late wife Padmé.

     Darth Vader and the Emperor quickly hide behind a pillar as you walk down the hallway where they are. Darth Vader just stares at you, his heart paining him.

     Just as you walk past the pillar where they're hiding, the Emperor whips out his lightsaber and ignites it, preparing to bring it down on you. Without thinking, Darth Vader grabs his own lightsaber and blocks his master's strike.

     You let out a cry and stumble backwards, gasping.

      The Emperor glares at Vader, anger flashing in his eyes. Vader gulps and pulls his lightsaber away, regretting his action to save you.

     Instead of killing you, the Emperor puts his lightsaber away. "Lock her away and then meet me in your room."
He demands, before walking away.

     Vader looks at you, grabs your arm, and roughy hauls you up. "You'll follow me." He states, pulling you along with him.

---

     "What are you going to do with me?" You ask as Darth Vader throws you into a small room.

     "I don't know." He answers. He stares at you from the doorway until you fidget with nervousness. Vader refuses to let his thoughts of Padmé control his actions and emotions. "But I can assure you it won't be anything good." He snaps, before slamming the door.

     With his hands shaking, partially out of fear to what the Emperor will do to him and partially from the reminder of Padmé, Vader walks to his room. When he enters, the Emperor is standing there.

     "What do you have to say for yourself, Darth Vader?" He asks.

     "I'm so sorry, master. Please forgive me. The woman just reminded me of Padmé. She had the same look in her eyes that Padmé did." Vader answers softly.

     "We can't dwell on the past, Darth Vader, you know this. It stops you from looking to the future—your future as a Sith Lord. Never do it again, no matter if someone or something reminds you of the past. You need to let the past go." The Emperor berates, a quick flash of anger in his eyes.

     Vader nods and lowers his head. "Yes, master." He whispers.

      "Darth Vader, since you're my apprentice, I need to know you're loyal to me and only me." The Emperor says.

     "You know I am, master." Vader responds.

     The Emperor starts pacing. "I'd love to believe that, I really would." He sighs. He glances at Vader. "I just don't." He admits.

     "How can I make you believe me?" Vader asks. "I'd do anything." He adds.

     The Emperor looks at him and grins evilly, cackling. "I was hoping you'd say that." He says.

---

     Vader walks out of his bedroom, feeling stunned and hollow after the Emperor has just told him how to prove his loyalty. He walks down the halls like a ghost, barely breathing. He stops at your door and puts his hand on the hilt of his lightsaber.

     "I'm loyal to the Emperor. I'd do anything for him. The past means... nothing to me." He whispers.

     He presses a button on the wall and the door slides open. You're sitting on the floor and immediately stand when you see Darth Vader.

     "What do you want?" You ask. Darth Vader takes his lightsaber off his hip and ignites it. Your eyes widen and you back up, gasping.

      "I'm sorry." Vader whispers before bringing his sword up. The door to the room slams shut; yet the Emperor can still hear your screams as he laughs menacingly.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!